What's new

John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I’m afraid I didn’t even notice the “yeah”. What caught my attention was after Morpheus gives John the suit for the final battle, I quite liked the way he said, ”I’m going to need a gun.”
And in either 2 or 3 when someone asks him what he will need he says "Guns. Lots of guns!".

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Follow-up point/question for my learned friends here: The opening scene where Wick is punching the board.
Did anyone else have to lower the volume quickly? Wow. I made my subwoofer amp clip like crazy. I don't think I have heard a movie that had such an overpowering bit of sound.
I think I need more than the Behringer 6000D for my Mini-Martys or something!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I’m afraid I didn’t even notice the “yeah”. What caught my attention was after Morpheus gives John the suit for the final battle, I quite liked the way he said, ”I’m going to need a gun.”

I didn't count the "yeahs" - felt like a lot, though! :)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Watched this on Prime. It suffers from fourth film syndrome where an excellent trilogy is followed up by an unnecessary extra film. It's much too long and very, very, very repetitive, the fight scenes needed cutting down particularly the one on the steps. Caine was good and there was a nice cameo from Clancy Brown, but Bill Skarsgard is too lightweight for this film. Instead of this a prequel would have been better (perhaps there will be one), my son said the last scene would be Wick concreting over his arsenal. I have the first three on 4k, not sure I'll bother with this one.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Yeah, the freeway/street scenes went way to long. They made him out to be a Superman...they didn't need to make this, too repetitious.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the freeway/street scenes went way to long. They made him out to be a Superman...they didn't need to make this, too repetitious.
He was already made out to be a superman in the third one, so it does'nt sound surprising for them to continue in that vein for the fourth one.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And yet it was the most successful entry so apparently audiences haven’t tired of this formula yet.

Imo it’s an action masterpiece, as were the previous three films.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, worldwide it beat the prior highest film in the franchise by more than $100 million and also set a new domestic high mark, so there's still a lot of gas in the tank.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
1. 10/10
4. 10/10
3. 9.5/10
2. 9.25/10

However as you can see very little separate the 4 for me. They are modern action masterpieces in my opinion

MusicLover95

Auditioning
Real Name
George
John Wick 4 is definitely worth a watch for fans of the John Wick franchise! 😍 The action sequences are stunning! I would rate John Wick 2 as my favorite, while all the rest are second.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks