What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Today, John Wick 4. In the latest installment of the John Wick (Keanu Reeves) franchise, the titular anti-hero continues his streak of vengeance against the “High Table” of the assassin’s world. Leading the charge to stop Wick at all costs is the Marquis (Bill Skarsgård) , a mysterious new player who has everything to gain if he he is successful but little past for the audience to draw from.  The Marquis enlists Wick’s old friend Caine (Donny Yen) to fight Wick, using Caine’s past promises and threats against Caine’s daughter to ensure his compliance.  Wick remains a hunted man, but cracks appear that seem to indicate he is not as out of options as once believed. On Wick’s side are both old and new allies.  New this time are Shimazu (Hiroyuki Sanada) and his daughter Akira (Rina Sawayama) who are dragged into Wick’s chaos through past alliances and friendship. Returning characters include Charon (Lance Reddick) and  Winston, aka the Manager (Ian McShane). After  Charon becomes a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great review Sam. The only thing I disagree with is your extras score. They add up to just a little over an hour of material. I would give it a 3/5 personally.

Truly an epic action film
And one of the best ever.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Got through first half. Immediate thought from opening is that I’m going to be seeing John Wick of Arabia.

Probably 75% non-stop choreographed cartoon violence and death — and I’m wondering to myself, “Self, these dudes are taking 3,4,5 9mm (presumably) shots and multiple cuts, and they’re still going.”

It’s a bit like an extremely violent Roadrunner cartoon.

And an absolutely magnificent 4k presentation.

Love your review!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Sure there is uber violence in this series of movies but I have enjoyed all 4 movies and love the John Wick character and the others supporting characters. I am going to pick a day and do a John Wick marathon.

John Wick 4K Collection.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Great review Sam. The only thing I disagree with is your extras score. They add up to just a little over an hour of material. I would give it a 3/5 personally.

Truly an epic action film
And one of the best ever.
That’s fair. I think the quality boosts it but I’d not quibble if others wanted more.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, that about sums up just about every action film in the last ten years. I never got around to seeing this & forgot that it had been released. I'll buy the Blu-ray & maybe watch it this weekend (I'll re-watch #3 first).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got through first half. Immediate thought from opening is that I’m going to be seeing John Wick of Arabia.

Probably 75% non-stop choreographed cartoon violence and death — and I’m wondering to myself, “Self, these dudes are taking 3,4,5 9mm (presumably) shots and multiple cuts, and they’re still going.”

And an absolutely magnificent 4k presentation.

Love your review!
When I watched this movie in the cinema, I wonder which stunt man was killed the most times in this movie. :laugh: Anyhow, my 4K/UHD arrived yesterday so I need to make time to watch this movie again as I love this movie series.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
This is not intended as a criticism of the film, but in watching and admiring the balletic fight choreography, I recognized a few moves that are based, not in martial arts, but in professional wrestling.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is not intended as a criticism of the film, but in watching and admiring the balletic fight choreography, I recognized a few moves that are based, not in martial arts, but in professional wrestling.
Where do you think professional wrestling got those moves.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I blame autocorrect.

I just got my Amazon special edition. Love the cover and it has an extra extra in it

Is that a SteelBook? Can't tell from pic. Kind of looks like one, but the Amazon listing doesn't say anything about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks