What's new

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I think they each get better as they go. Imo, John Wick 4 is a modern action masterpiece.

These are fantasy films set within their own “Wickverse” and are not meant to be realistic.
I know exactly what they are. The fourth one goes on way too long, and it just another sequel case of bigger, louder, more. The first one got the recipe just right.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I know exactly what they are. The fourth one goes on way too long, and it just another sequel case of bigger, louder, more. The first one got the recipe just right.
That’s your opinion and that’s cool. I just disagree with it. I thought the fourth one built on everything before it and is all the better for it.

The first and fourth are my favorites. 2 and 3 are excellent too. 😊

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That’s your opinion and that’s cool. I just disagree with it. I thought the fourth one built on everything before it and is all the better for it.

The first and fourth are my favorites. 2 and 3 are excellent too. 😊
I have to agree with Bruce to a certain degree. The movie is too long with its non-stop action. I still found the film entertaining and wonder which stuntman was killed the most times in this movie?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Bruce to a certain degree. The movie is too long with its non-stop action.
Am I misremembering that it was originally going to be John Wick Chapter 4 and Chapter 5? Kudos to them for not doing the lame splitting the movie into two parts but that it started out as two movies might explain why it was very long.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You’re misremembering. 😊
I'm making assumptions but looking at Wikipedia, it's possible since they were initially planning to shoot two sequels back to back. Obviously, that was very early on in the making of the movie and plenty changed (even the release date by a very large period of time) but I could see the broad ideas that they had to have had when planning to do a fourth and a fifth movie together having become just one long Chapter 4.

On May 20, 2019, Lionsgate announced John Wick: Chapter 4 via their opt-in "John Wick" text update service, writing, "You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming – May 21, 2021".[30] In early August 2020, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer stated during an earnings call, "We're also busy preparing scripts for the next two installments of our John Wick action franchise, with John Wick 4 slated to hit theatres Memorial Day weekend 2022. We hope to shoot both John Wick 4 and 5 back to back when Keanu becomes available early next year."[31][32]

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have to agree with Bruce to a certain degree. The movie is too long with its non-stop action. I still found the film entertaining and wonder which stuntman was killed the most times in this movie?

Was it Viggo Mortensen who said that by the time they finished shooting Lord of the Rings that he figured he'd killed each of the stunt people about 57 times?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks