What's new

John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019) (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
By the way, nobody has mentioned Halle Berry's performance in this film and I think she did well in it for a 52 year old woman and those action sequences. Also, loved her dogs!

Well, I'm 52 and would happily do action sequences with, read a book with, cook for, worship at the feet of, Halle Berry any time. The truth is, no I am in no way joking, my wife could be Halle Berry's sister. She's several years younger than Halle so, I guess she would be the younger sister. Anyway, I married well and I have no idea what she sees in me.

Last edited:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Well, I'm 52 and would happily do action sequences, read a book, cook for, worship at the feet of, Halle Berry any time. The truth is, no I am in no way joking, my wife could be Halle Berry's sister. She's several years younger than Halle so, I guess she would be the younger sister. Anyway, I married well and I have no idea what she sees in me.

Humility? :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Summary of "Parabellum":

-Ultra-violent action scene
-Exposition about rules and regulations among killers
-Another ultra-violent action scene
-More exposition about rules and regulations
-Lather, rinse

Did I forget anything?

A couple of the ultra violent action scenes! :)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Thanks to the comments and reviews here I think I'll skip this one, even though it's included in imax for me with A-list. Sounds like a super violent movie that doesn't make much sense. Plus I missed the first two....

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Thanks to the comments and reviews here I think I'll skip this one, even though it's included in imax for me with A-list. Sounds like a super violent movie that doesn't make much sense. Plus I missed the first two....
That could describe about half the movies over the last 2 or 3 years IMHO.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I greatly enjoyed this installment. I too thought the first was the best and that perhaps 2 was a step backwards. But I had a friend over this weekend who is a big Keanu fan and hadn't seen 2, so we watched 2 on Saturday night in preparation for 3 at the TCL Chinese the following day. I highly upgraded my opinion of 2 on second viewing.

As of now, I don't really have a "this movie is best, this is second, this is third" with the Wick movies. To me, this is one story being told over three (and possibly more) movies.

For those who remember my post about seeing Avengers Endgame at the TCL Chinese IMAX, which was my first trip to that theater despite having lived in LA for nearly 3 decades...yes this now marks the second time I've visited that theater in less than a month. The audio and video are top notch! Only two "disappointments" (and neither were too bad) to this second experience at the TCL Chinese.

The first: Wick 3 was not shot in IMAX. I didn't know that, and I failed to research that because I kept seeing trailers saying "See it in IMAX" so I wrongly assumed it was. So it was in it's normal aspect ratio, and at first I was a little curious as to why they didn't lower the mattes (assuming they can be lowered) on the screen. But then the Laser IMAX projector kicked in and I realized it does a fantastic job at making blacks black. I could barely even tell the mattes weren't moved, it was that good!

The second: Keanu had done a hand imprint at the premiere. My friend and I looked for it. Could not find it. Turns out, after we asked employees, it's still drying and hadn't been placed in the cement. Bummer.

Still a great experience, and an awesome action film.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I've never seen IMAX use masking even in cases where it would have been needed.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I loved the heck out of this is a great, over the top thrill ride that just does a great damn job. I saw the earlier questions about why did he go through with it (finger/etc) to not complete the task.. and I took it like: he went all that way and saw it as the only way; then he was presented a better option.. and I thought everything about that sequence was ultraviolent, crazy, fun, and an out and out blast. The entire closing sequence in the Continental was fantastic

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have to say the shoot out sequence with Sofia, her dogs and Wicks is my favorite action sequence in the movie, even though, I did laugh quite a bit with the first couple of fight sequences in the antique weapon house and the horse stables.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks