What's new

John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019) (3 Viewers)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Well, they have obviously made the right call if the majority of people find her believable in such roles and look forward to seeing her in them. I'm just not one of them.

:ph34r:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, they have obviously made the right call if the majority of people find her believable in such roles and look forward to seeing her in them. I'm just not one of them.

:ph34r:
TBH, no matter the actor, believable has gone out the window a long time ago with any of these type of movies.:)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
TBH, no matter the actor, believable has gone out the window a long time ago with any of these type of movies.:)

Nah. Keanu makes me believe he is Wick. That's what I mean - make me believe you are the character you are trying to sell me. Even if the actions of the character are far fetched and stretch credulity.

We will see how she does, and I like the Wick movies so obviously, I want to like this one too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Nah. Keanu makes me believe he is Wick. That's what I mean - make me believe you are the character you are trying to sell me. Even if the actions of the character are far fetched and stretch credulity.

We will see how she does, and I like the Wick movies so obviously, I want to like this one too.
That's the difference between you and I as I don't believe any of these characters that these actors are playing as it's all fiction to me.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
That's the difference between you and I as I don't believe any of these characters that these actors are playing as it's all fiction to me.

I guess so.

I tend to invest in characters a little bit. The best movies of all are the ones that take me away when I am watching them, and I totally buy into what's going on. Doesn't happen all the time, but Wick does it for me. Keanu is so good in the part, which is something I never thought I would say about him before John Wick.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't want Jinx from Die Another Day Halle Berry, that's my only hesitation with being all in on her casting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This was a very good movie, by far the most inventive fight scenes in the series as well as the funniest. I still place the first John Wick above this one but it is close between the two.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This was a very good movie, by far the most inventive fight scenes in the series as well as the funniest. I still place the first John Wick above this one but it is close between the two.
I enjoyed the film very much and had a great time at the cinema watching it. Yet, there was one aspect of the plot that didn't make sense to me considering the end result of the film.
What was the point of John commitment to serve again and losing a finger when he didn't complete the task. What was the point of Wick going through all that?

Anyhow, I'm going to see it again in the morning and perhaps I'll feel differently after my second viewing.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I enjoyed the film very much and had a great time at the cinema watching it. Yet, there was one aspect of the plot that didn't make sense to me considering the end result of the film.
What was the point of John commitment to serve again and losing a finger when he didn't complete the task. What was the point of Wick going through all that?

Anyhow, I'm going to see it again in the morning and perhaps I'll feel differently after my second viewing.
I was wondering the same thing, it made no sense to me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was entertained.
Yeah, I watched it again this morning and was laughing out loud throughout the movie again. Furthermore, it seems like the rest of the audience was reacting in the same manner. It was like watching a live cartoon of violence without much regard to the script. Looking forward to the
next film.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I saw JW3 in IMAX today and like others, enjoyed it very much. The one thing that caused me hesitation going in was the 2+ hour run time, which I felt might be too long for an assault on the senses, but no, the time skipped right by.

Basically, if you liked the first and second JWs, you will like this one too. If you can't get past the preposterous violence, plot holes, and JW's invincibility (all of which I like other fans of the series find refreshing, hilarious, and endearing), then you will blanch at this as well.

BTW, I am not a fan of the "LiMAX" format generally, but this film is served well by it In particular, the undeniable high quality sound system is utilized to great effect by the blizzard of explosions and firearm discharges.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Can't wait ;)
I didn't like the first one at first, but when I grasped the setup and the universe, I thought both it and the second one were great.

I have not yet warmed up to the first film. It was highly recommended to me by a number of people and I think that overhyped it and I ended up watching it and wondering what people were so excited about. So, when the second film came out I pretty much ignored it. Then I was on a flight to Budapest and it was one of the films available to watch on the plane. So, I thought I would give Wick 2 a shot. Much to my surprise I thought it was great even watching it on the tiny seatback screen on the plane. I thought "Hold on here, I think I may have missed something." and then looked at some interviews with the makers of the film and I realized what they were trying to do.

When I returned from Europe I picked up the blu of John Wick 2 and watched it in my home theater and I pretty much loved it. To me they are basically following years of James Bond style films where you have this over the top adult fantasy film. Like Bond it is not realistic but played specifically for the ridiculous/fun elements. So, for me anyway, I don't watch the Wick films looking for any sort of "realism" as I know that is not at all what they are trying to deliver.

I plan on seeing the third one as I thought the second film was better than the first but I want to try to watch the first two films again before going. I have only seen the first film once and was sort of taken aback by the idea that they were using a bunch of mostly lousy clichés to hang the story on but now I realize that was the point in the first film and they are really making a movie about movies. Hopefully, I get more out of the first film on this watch.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Loved this movie. Still like the first the best, but I'd put this one as a close second.

And I have a feeling I'll no longer need to wait for Open Range to get a Blu-ray release, because the gunshots in this one were greater than or equal to that movie, especially the shotguns, and I'll have this in my collection in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks