What's new

iPhone trade-in and upgrade prices? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm looking for info on best deals for trading in my iPhone 6s and ordering a new iPhone 8+ for Verizon use.

What's happening with deals and plans and ...?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
BestBuy: $198
Verizon: $209 / $300 new trade-in upgrade
Gazelle: $210
Apple: $215 (store gift card)
Amazon: $225
Buybackworld.com: $215 - $236
Glyde: $225

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Last trade-in I got $300 from VZW. This might prompt me to go with Apple's upgrade program if resale is plummeting to $200.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Try Buybackworld.com

Got better prices there than Gazelle on my previous Apple product sell.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
VZW now showing iPhone 8 with $300 upgrade option with 24 mo payment plan.

But it may require signing up for the Unlimted data plan.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
new option added, suggested by The Wirecutter
https://glyde.com/sell

Appears to be resale service, where they take a cut off the transaction and hide seller and buyer from each other. Prices closer to going direct sale, but not as risky / scammy as eBay?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I sold on Glyde. It took a week and then sold. I netted $227.35. That's not huge money, but it's better than all other options except perhaps Amazon and BuyBackWorld. Amazon is a hot mess, to my eyes, and I gave up trying to figure it out. BuyBackWorld was my fallback plan if Glyde didn't work.

I found Glyde a good enough experience. I didn't love it. There's no feedback on your sale listing until it sells. The shipping packaging is inadequate and doesn't match the instructions included: contacting support they just say their flyer is outdated and to add in your own padding to fill in the space. And then you've got three days to wait for the buyer to confirm the product is as expected before payment clears.

So it was fine. I got about $27 more than I'd get from Apple or Verizon.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm looking at Amazon to trade in our 6's. They want to know if it's locked or unlocked. I presume this means to phone is locked to a carrier. We got our 6's thru ATT so I presume it's locked to them. Is it a big deal to get the phones unlocked? It makes a difference in the trade-in value.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm looking at Amazon to trade in our 6's. They want to know if it's locked or unlocked. I presume this means to phone is locked to a carrier. We got our 6's thru ATT so I presume it's locked to them. Is it a big deal to get the phones unlocked? It makes a difference in the trade-in value.
Choose the ATT option. If you’ve had your phone carrier unlocked, then you can select that option if it’s a better price. Verizon iPhones are all unlocked at purchase. But I’ve not seen this give a better price in the resale prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks