What's new

Apple iPhone 13 Case Thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In anticipation of receiving an iPhone 13 in about a week, I have begun looking at cases to protect it.

This year, I didn't have to do any extensive research. I bought an incredibly sufficient case last year and I simply looked on Amazon to see if the manufacturer was offering a variant for the new phone.

They are!

0BB6A6C2-46B5-4154-9E03-4C8E8A6B4B68.jpeg

This case worked out beautifully for my iPhone 12. It's slim, highly protective and has a nice grip to it. No yellowing after a year of use. It also shows off the color of your phone. Best of all, there is no excessive branding across the case (which many manufacturers do).

If you simply put the manufacturer's name (TORRAS) in the Amazon search field, you'll see other alternatives of this case that are available.

Looking forward to reading about what cases you guys are looking at to protect your new iPhone.

PS; This is not a Magsafe case. If that is what you need, there are other cases that offer it.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Changed my mind. Wanted to go with something a little different and this came highly recommended across similar Internet discussion forums...

AF7CBB41-EB4A-48AF-92C0-33FB92202CD7.jpeg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m ordering the Apple clear case. I don’t have time to shop and analyze for this one. So I’m just buying Apple with the iPhone. (And I want MagSafe compatibility.)

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’m ordering the Apple clear case. I don’t have time to shop and analyze for this one. So I’m just buying Apple with the iPhone. (And I want MagSafe compatibility.)

I went with the Apple case for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and in my opinion, the case is not at all worth the $50 price tag. The case cracked (on one of the corners) when my wife knocked it off a small table to a tile floor. The phone was ok though. Even so, the Apple clear case provides very little protection. I've been looking for replacement options ever since and found several good ones, but I never pulled the trigger.

For my new phone, I'm looking at this one: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag Designed for iPhone 13 Pro Max Case (2021) - White Sp...

The version for the 12 was one of two I was ultimately deciding between. I haven't really used MagSafe so I might look at the one Ron posted.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David,

The only problem I have with those cases is the extremely ugly cutout on the back for the MagSafe.

I returned my iPhone 12 Apple case that you bought for that reason. No, Apple cases are not worth their price which is why I avoid them like the plague.

A MagSafe case is great as long as the fact it's as such is hidden. No ugly cutouts on the back.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In general, I've liked Spigen's hybrid cases (w/ clear back) well enough in the past -- they seem a good value and has been around a long time now -- so I'll probably just go w/ them again, but maybe w/ the MagSafe option I guess.

Is their MagSafe cutout ugly? I have no idea as I've never had MagSafe before (coming from the basic iPhone 11)... but they're at least relatively inexpensive, so it's no big deal if something better comes along for me to switch cases -- I've actually switched to a Disney Grogu case for a while now and didn't feel like I wasted much $ on the previous Spigen precisely because Spigen was inexpensive...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In general, I've liked Spigen's hybrid cases (w/ clear back) well enough in the past -- they seem a good value and has been around a long time now -- so I'll probably just go w/ them again, but maybe w/ the MagSafe option I guess.

Is their MagSafe cutout ugly? I have no idea as I've never had MagSafe before (coming from the basic iPhone 11)... but they're at least relatively inexpensive, so it's no big deal if something better comes along for me to switch cases -- I've actually switched to a Disney Grogu case for a while now and didn't feel like I wasted much $ on the previous Spigen precisely because Spigen was inexpensive...

_Man_

Good point. Spigen are excellent cases. You can't go wrong with one.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not worth the money. Except no other case as good (clear, integrated MagSafe). So… 🤷‍♀️

I’m open to cheaper options. But so far no one has anything comparable to Apple.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Huh. I’m confused then by Ron’s comments. But I’ll take a look at it. Spending $1100 on an iPhone I’m not especially concerned about $30 give or take on the case. But I’ll same a few bucks if it’s as good as Apples case.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FD8A6709-0FC7-4906-A85D-3AF5FE039CB9.jpeg

Both the Spigen and the Apple translucent cases have an ugly cutout on the back for MagSafe. That is what I was referring to.

I don't like the appearance of that cutout on the back of my phone case. While I realize the cutouts provide a more secure MagSafe connection, there are other cases that don't have the cutout on the back and are MagSafe compatible.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looked at a couple of Apple case reviews and Spigen reviews. Sticking with Apple. Both seem fine. But I’ve exhausted my energies for over analyzing and researching and shopping and comparing a $20 case. Bought with iPhone this morning and can get on with it. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I used to love the leather Folios Apple sold. They cost about $150 but they were very nice.

They don't offer them anymore.

I think I now prefer just a rear case so that the front of my phone is always visible.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I bought this for my iPhone 11 Pro Max. The phone has been dropped a few times with no damage. Well I finall had to replace the separate screen saver. Case looks good and I use it with a MagSafe charger.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You want a beautiful case? Go to the link provided. Stacy has one, a leopard on the case. We’ve both had them for our kindles. Pricey? I can’t emphasize the quality enough. However, I don’t think these cases provide as much protection, something I need, klutz that I am. My wife has not dropped her 11 yet even once.

Actually, after looking again, they’re not really expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks