Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Holy F ---

Are people f'ing stupid.

If I decide to buy it, I am gonna preorder it online and have it the same day
those fools get it.

Don't people know you don't have to stand on line anymore for these phones?

I hope Apple delays sales by at least two weeks after their announcement so these
people have to sit in their own feces for a total of three weeks. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't get it either. It's not a one of a kind, strictly limited edition where you will forever lose your chance at getting it if you don't wait. They probably just want to see themselves on TV. Reminds me of when "Episode I" was coming out. Some people waited days or weeks in line to go to the midnight opening. I bought tickets over the phone when they went onsale, showed up half an hour early the night of the show, and got the seat I wanted with a minimum of waiting.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I didn't wait in line for Episode I. I bought four $300 tickets to the charity premiere and got to see it before everyone else with some very grateful friends. Got on TV too.Camping for iPhones is just stupid, although if you order online you run the risk of extreme shortages like the 5s.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have an iPhone 5 now, and prior to that had an iPhone 3GS. I ordered them online when they went onsale and I think they showed up about two weeks later each time. Good enough for me. I'll probably sit this round out as my phone still works fine and just hope to make it to next year's model. But either way you won't catch me on that line :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I suspect they're there to be part of a thing. Not because it's the best way to get a new phone. I also suspect they're young, minimally employed, and have time to burn.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So this was nice:
We recently announced new, more affordable iCloud storage plans. As a thank you for being a current iCloud storage plan subscriber, we’ve increased your storage plan and you will be receiving a refund based on the reduced plan price. Your plan has been upgraded from 15 GB of total storage at $20.00 a year to 20 GB at just $10.99 a year. You will receive a prorated refund of $5.88, which is based on the price reduction and the remaining months on your subscription. On May 5, 2015 this 20 GB plan will automatically renew and you will be charged $10.99. We increased the amount of storage in our new plans so you can get the most out of our new features like iCloud Drive, which lets you store and access any type of file from all your devices. All edits you make are automatically updated, which means you’ll always have access to the latest version of all your documents.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam Posten said:

Weren't you the guy that attacked 1Password for security issues a year or so ago
when I or someone else said we were using it?

Maybe I am wrong?

In any case, I love 1Password. Just purchased it yesterday via iTunes in anticipation
of my new iPhone. Even got a free iPad version (love these Universal apps).

The news about the extension ROCKS. Love the fact it will auto-fill my passwords
without having to go to the app itself.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Any fellow Android users switching to the iPhone like I am?Apple's official Migration Guide

I already used Android File Transfer to pull my photos and movies
from my Note III. I will just have to import them into iTunes. Easy Peasy.

If you use Google Calendar (like I do), fortunately the Mac allows you
to connect to it in their calendar app, so I expect the same for iOS 8.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I questioned the concept early on, a single point of failure is not a good thing. They have addressed most of my concerns in the meantime and the use of touchid negates the awkwardness of text typing and remembering long, strong, passwords nicely.Fresh bits in 10 minutes we hope. Back up to a Mac before you upgrade, not just an iCloud backup.Backup photos and videos to physical storage before you lose em!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks