What's new

I'm gazing again! (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
More Cavett I presume since we had earlier releases of his shows from Shout and exposure to his stuff on cable, but no new releases for some time.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I bet it's Joey Bishop since restoration work has been done on the series over a year ago and it aired for the first time as a complete series for the first time in decades, though it had aired sporadically on TV Land before as well as the 2nd season on DVD. I figured they would release it at some point. Why else go through the trouble of restoring it? I wonder if it will be a Time Life release or a Shout release.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Update: It seems like it is NOT Joey Bishop afterall. In another thread, it is hated to be a color series of a series available in another country. Guesses are THE HIGH CHAPARRAL with Leif Erickson.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
Update: It seems like it is NOT Joey Bishop afterall. In another thread, it is hated to be a color series of a series available in another country. Guesses are THE HIGH CHAPARRAL with Leif Erickson.

I saw that post as well and I am almost positive that this thread and that post are not referring to the same show, because this post is almost certainly referring to joey bishop; unless Neil is the inhabitant of some alternate reality where Leif Erikson was the permanent guest host of the tonight show.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I hope so because I would love to have The Joey Bishop Show on DVD besides Season 2.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I wish that were true that is one of my most wanted unreleased shows on DVD. I don't count the unremastered episodes released in Germany as a US Remastered release by CBS

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking "The Thin Man" with Peter Lawford via Warner Archive. Let's face it, he was better known by the people he hung around with (Frank, Dean, Sammy, Judy, Marilyn, Elizabeth, and the Kennedys). I already have the third season of the Bishop sitcom on DVD, and wouldn't mind seasons 2 and 4. It is surprising that after all these years "The High Chaparral" has yet to make it to DVD .

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not Sammy, or Dean. Leaves Peter and Joey. I'm betting on Peter, especially since he was briefly a part of the Kennedy clan.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Thin Man" I'm surprised didn't make it to Warner Archive long ago. I would have been more inclined to get that a couple years ago but my interest level on blind buy titles is a lot less now I have to admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks