What's new

I'm gazing again! (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
When you establish contacts within the industry and get advance information, you are free to disseminate such information any way you chose. That said, your assumptions are correct.
I'll be glad when your crystal ball tells me about the remaining seasons of them folks from the Ozarks that wound up in Beverly! :cool:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Buggtussle was in the Ozarks?
Yup. There were all kinds of references to the Ozarks in the show as being the setting for Bugtussle. When Roy Clark appeared as Cousin Roy Halsey, he referred to playing The Biltmore in Bugtussle, and it was clearly stated he was "a shy boy from the Ozarks." When they "went home" in S8, they visited Branson and Silver Dollar City and Eureka Springs was also mentioned.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Yup. There were all kinds of references to the Ozarks in the show as being the setting for Bugtussle. When Roy Clark appeared as Cousin Roy Halsey, he referred to playing The Biltmore in Bugtussle, and it was clearly stated he was "a shy boy from the Ozarks." When they "went home" in S8, they visited Branson and Silver Dollar City and Eureka Springs was also mentioned.
Wow, for some reason I always thought they came from Tennessee or Kentucky. Or do the Ozarks stretch into those two states? I thought the Ozarks were Arkansas and Missouri

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wow, for some reason I always thought they came from Tennessee or Kentucky. Or do the Ozarks stretch into those two states? I thought the Ozarks were Arkansas and Missouri
Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. They begin about 50 miles from me. I'm in Steele, MO. which is complete flatland. Go north to Poplar Bluff (remember the Porter and Dolly song, 40 Miles from Poplar Bluff?) and you'll start running into the Ozarks.

Granny was from Tennessee originally. She said she set so many boys' hearts on fire they started calling it The Smoky Mountains! She made mention in another episode that "all of us Tennessee folks was born with gift of song" or something along those lines.

In the episode with Pat Boone, they asked Pat if he knew Red Foley (Red was his father in law in real life). He said he did. Red, of course, had The Ozark Jubilee program. Granny said Red never missed a spring that he didn't come to their cabin for collards and fatback!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
The Ozark foothills go all the way up to the southern part of St. Louis County, where I live.

There might be a reason why the Hillbillies were from Missouri. The creator of the series, Paul Henning, was from Independence, Missouri.

By the way, his hit show prior to The Beverly Hillbillies was The Bob Cummings Show. Bob Cummings was from Joplin, Missouri, as was the character he played, Bob Collins.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I like coincidences, even though I know they don't mean anything. I had a really nice one today.

After writing about Paul Henning being from Missouri last evening, I open my paper (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) today, and I see a big article about ---- yes, Missourian Paul Henning and "The Beverly Hillbillies."

It was about how his wife, Ruth Henning, wrote a book about him and the series back in the 1990s. Entitled "The First Beverly Hillbilly: The Untold Story of the Creator of Rural Comedy," it wasn't published until last year. Better late than never!

I'm not sure what the odds are of writing something on the Internet about Paul Henning being from Missouri, and then less than half a day later reading a major article about that very thing in your local newspaper, but they must be very low. :unsure:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I like coincidences, even though I know they don't mean anything. I had a really nice one today.

After writing about Paul Henning being from Missouri last evening, I open my paper (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) today, and I see a big article about ---- yes, Missourian Paul Henning and "The Beverly Hillbillies."

It was about how his wife, Ruth Henning, wrote a book about him and the series back in the 1990s. Entitled "The First Beverly Hillbilly: The Untold Story of the Creator of Rural Comedy," it wasn't published until last year. Better late than never!

I'm not sure what the odds are of writing something on the Internet about Paul Henning being from Missouri, and then less than half a day later reading a major article about that very thing in your local newspaper, but they must be very low. :unsure:

I used to believe in coincidences. Then I, too, moved from the South to California.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Do we have any idea when these are coming to dvd? TVShowsOnDVD hasn't reported anything yet. I'm wondering if they will be available this year or if it's in the early stages still. I know that MOD releases sometimes just pop up on any given day for release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nalandaretreat
Recent bookmarks