What's new

I'm gazing again! (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Hmmm, a character "CONNECTED" to one of those shows. So it's not "The Danny Thomas Show" NOR "The Joey Bishop Show"? That leaves "The Thin Man" as others are speculating.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Character *connected* to one of those shows? I think I know what that means. Bill Dana appeared as "Jose Jiminez" a few times on Danny Thomas before he got his own sitcom "The Bill Dana Show" playing the same character. Six episodes were released on DVD by Dana himself a decade ago. And Dana was famous for being part of the "company" that was Steve Allen's group of players in the late 50s on Allen's variety show.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
Character *connected* to one of those shows? I think I know what that means. Bill Dana appeared as "Jose Jiminez" a few times on Danny Thomas before he got his own sitcom "The Bill Dana Show" playing the same character. Six episodes were released on DVD by Dana himself a decade ago. And Dana was famous for being part of the "company" that was Steve Allen's group of players in the late 50s on Allen's variety show.

I really hope it is Bill Dana, because I was a fan of his Jose Jimenez appearances on Ed Sullivan, in fact I have one his comedy records he did in the early sixties for roulette.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
A release for The Bill Dana Show would be most welcome. Several episodes are on You Tube and I have enjoyed watching them. In addition, we would get to enjoy a pre-Get Smart Don Adams and a pre-Lost In Space Jonathan Harris.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
With Harris, you're really seeing Dr. Smith already in place and LIS fans have never I think realized that when Harris adjusted the template of Smith away from the villainous character of the pilot he was really falling more back into the character he'd just been playing the two previous seasons.

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
A character connected to Danny Thomas Show....could it be Andy Griffith? Maybe Mayberry RFD will finally be completed.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
"Thin Man" I'm surprised didn't make it to Warner Archive long ago. I would have been more inclined to get that a couple years ago but my interest level on blind buy titles is a lot less now I have to admit.
They have wanted to release it for a few years but its another show in their list of shows stuck with rights issues. But they always work to clear shows they know have demand so any of the clearance issue shows could suddenly appear.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I always say I don't like these "mystery" threads, and I'm saying it again.

Some of us get our hopes up that something's coming out, only to find out we were misinterpreting the "clues."

I wish if someone has something to say, they'd just say it. If they're not supposed to say it, then they shouldn't say anything. This "I know something you don't know" stuff is kind of childish, don't you think?

As of now -- although I'm beyond caring -- I'm ASSUMING it's "The Joey Bishop Show" and "The Bill Dana Show" that are coming out -- but maybe they're not -- and what's the point of all this?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

Some of us get our hopes up that something's coming out, only to find out we were misinterpreting the "clues."

I wish if someone has something to say, they'd just say it. If they're not supposed to say it, then they shouldn't say anything. This "I know something you don't know" stuff is kind of childish, don't you think?

As of now -- although I'm beyond caring -- I'm ASSUMING it's "The Joey Bishop Show" and "The Bill Dana Show" that are coming out -- but maybe they're not -- and what's the point of all this?

Instead of responding each time, why not just ignore it? Some obviously get enjoyment out of it or they wouldn't participate. Why should they stop just because there is a single person that complains each time?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Instead of responding each time, why not just ignore it? Some obviously get enjoyment out of it or they wouldn't participate. Why should they stop just because there is a single person that complains each time?

Completely agree, Brad. No HTF member is every forced to read a thread that don't like or aren't interested in.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
"Gazing" is a tease, to be sure, because we all have classic favorites we would love to see released. And whenever Neil or Gary O peer into their crystal ball, it does make me go, "I wonder if it's...." But it's all in fun to try and guess, and then (usually) be a little disappointed because it turns out not to be one of the oldies I am looking for. I am glad for fans of Joey Bishop and the High Chaparral because it sure is fun to have something you really want appear on dvd, and if they sell well then maybe, just maybe other shows of a similar ilk will be released someday as well. There's so little to see in the crystal ball these days for fans of classic television shows so I say just have a little fun with it.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Gets our anticipation pumping? How about - it sets us up for a disappointment?

But the best advice is to ignore it. Which one could do with what I say, too, of course.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
I doubt its Love and Marriage w/ William Demarest, which had one (1!) episode produced by Danny Thomas; my guess is Rango...

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

When you establish contacts within the industry and get advance information, you are free to disseminate such information any way you chose. That said, your assumptions are correct.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
I have a question for Neil in regards to the joey bishop and bill Dana shows, since these to shows are SFM properties just like the Californians are they too going to be released by the CBS MOD program.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I am very happy that Joey Bishop is one of the shows coming out! I had never heard of The Bill Dana Show so that may be a blind buy for me, but I'd give it a shot. Sounds like it would be fun.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Although i'm on the fence with these results, just glad the crystal ball has something to tell us! It's been a bit of a barren stretch (but i'm still slowly getting through the great Lou Grant discs, not had time to look at Immortals or Petrocelli or Bold Ones!)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks