What's new

IBM PC for sale (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I have an IBM PC with a Pentium 90 processor, 1 gig hard drive, CDROM, floppy, Win95 pre installed (with legal CDROM), SCSI card, sound card (likely on board) and 56k modem, keyboard, mouse and speakers if you want them. This would be great for email, DSS emulation, mail server, router or just something for the kids etc. I'm open to offers but I'll start with asking $50 US plus shipping.

Jon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I think the price is just fine, if i was in the market for one I would pick it up from you, unfortunately I'm not.. :frowning:
Good luck though!
Jon

KyleS

Screenwriter
Good luck and your price isnt too high Andrew. Make sure that you have the Booklet that came with the CD with the CD-KEY on it as that is what makes it legal NOT the CD.

KyleS

JayM

Stunt Coordinator
does this come with a monitor, keyboard and mouse? if so, i might be interested.

Benny G

Second Unit
What are the odds of being able to run a normal http (or ftp) server for downloading files? I used to do that with my own computer, but it's rough on the hard drive. :)
I used to serve mpeg videos of my favorite band, The Corrs. :) I would love to start that up again!!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
well this PC has a SCSI card in it so you could add a SCSI hard drive to it cheaply from Ebay that would help for server use.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I'm responding to your question regarding price, so I hope admin doesn't take this as me breaking the forum rules.

$50 is a good price. The problem is, most people aren't interested in Pentium-1 computers anymore. I had a P-133 system that I could get rid of for a very similar price. But I do agree with the other statement made, this would make a great linux box. Especially for a small web/ftp server. Or, if you already run a web site being hosted somewhere, it's nice to run a local copy of your web site on a Linux box. I do that with my web site. I have a Linux for backup purposes and work on/test scripts before uploading them to the 'live' site.

Another idea for cable/DSL users is to use it as a firewall/router. Add 2 NICs to it and you can very easily set it up as a firewall/router to share the connection with all the other computers on your network. There's a firewall/router program called floppyfw that runs off a floppy disk that does exactly this. It's linux based, very secure, and very easy to setup and get going.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. It's always sad to see a perfectly good Pentium computer collect dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks