What's new

The CETON Digital Cable Quad Tuner PC Card and why you should seriously consider it (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam, I just deployed the CETON USB somewhere; it is surprisingly effective and the driver base is pretty good. I'm impressed so far.

I use wired lan throughout our house, and supporting a selection via WiFi would be more challenging but not challenging. I know several who use HPN with very outstanding outcomes.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I just ordered the 4 tuner USB Ceton. I'll be replacing 4 ATI tuners. The maze of cabling looked like a birds nest, and I want to rack mount the PC. Looking forward to it arriving. I just picked up two of their extenders on Black Friday, so it will be a Ceton Christmas!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Go through all the updates on the extenders. 1st Gen firmware on the echo is a real mixed bag, but as time went on, the thing became pretty sturdy

Discuss to your operator or company. You're Cable CARD probably isn't verifying properly. Also, examine your anti-virus application. When I had McAfee set up, the Ceton cards provided me actual issues. Since I thrown out it for Avast, everything's been driving.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Because all cable cards use HDCP, you'd have to use an external HDMI capture device to do it. If you're getting a lot of blocking, something is wrong. Which model are you using Sam?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ah. Sam, here's a suggestion I've had others run into.. what system are you using the USB tuner on? Make sure it's the only USB device on a USB HA. Remember, USB bandwidth is shared, and the Ceton will milk every damn drop of it ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You might call Ceton. There are some they had issues that got too hot.. some users ended up putting a small fan or open grate by them, this was changed in later revisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks