What's new

Hi All, (1 Viewer)

Amerkin

Grip
Real Name
Dennis Palla
Glad to be on here as I’ve enjoyed viewing for quite some time. I’ve been a participant in home theatre since the early days of C-band. I’ve been an audiophile since my college days and a musician since the 4th grade (well, I started playing drums then). I play in three bands currently (a southern rock/r&b doing originals, another doing covers of 70s-80s soft rock and my church worship team). I grow pistachios in California and own rental homes in Tennessee, splitting my living between the two. I’m a big fan of late 60s to mid 70s rock (Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Allman Bros, etc), mid 70s fusion (Billy Cobham, Return to Forever, Weather Report, etc.). Also a big fan of SciFi, fantasy, adventure (favorite movie is still The Matrix, not the sequels)and definitely not a fan of real life drama (had enough of that in real life!) I’ve been married for 47 years this November, have two kids, six grand kids and no more pets!
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in a forum centered on one of my favorite past times.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Glad to be on here as I’ve enjoyed viewing for quite some time. I’ve been a participant in home theatre since the early days of C-band. I’ve been an audiophile since my college days and a musician since the 4th grade (well, I started playing drums then). I play in three bands currently (a southern rock/r&b doing originals, another doing covers of 70s-80s soft rock and my church worship team). I grow pistachios in California and own rental homes in Tennessee, splitting my living between the two. I’m a big fan of late 60s to mid 70s rock (Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Allman Bros, etc), mid 70s fusion (Billy Cobham, Return to Forever, Weather Report, etc.). Also a big fan of SciFi, fantasy, adventure (favorite movie is still The Matrix, not the sequels)and definitely not a fan of real life drama (had enough of that in real life!) I’ve been married for 47 years this November, have two kids, six grand kids and no more pets!
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in a forum centered on one of my favorite past times.
Welcome Dennis! We are happy to have you.

What sort of gear do you mostly listen to music on?

Amerkin

Grip
Real Name
Dennis Palla
I have a post under Displays and the thread “Show us you A/V systems and home theaters” where I list all my latest stuff, show pics of my theater and describe how it was built.
I also listen quite a bit to my B&W 5s headphones through my iPad or iPhone, especially if I’m preparing for a gig where I’m playing covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks