What's new

Help me choose a console. Please be objective as possible (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
inferior hardware w/GT3 vs. superior hardware w/Sega GT
Actually, its GT3 (an amazing game with a lot of depth and realism) right NOW vs. Sega GT 2002 (which has tried to be like Gran Turismo in the past but failed) on X-Box sometime in the future.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
But should I get an entire system with inferior hardware just for one game?
It has been said ad nauseum everywhere, but you don't play the hardware, you play the games. I mean, unless you're lying, you admit to having spent 416 full days worth of time logged into Gran Turismo games; that's more time than many spend on library full of games. If your PC was really your main platform, and you were buying a console for a few key games, wouldn't you think the logical decision would be to purchase a PS2 (for GT3 and GT4)? I dunno, maybe I'm crazy, but that would be my first guess. Hoping that SegaGT 2k2 can compete with the greatest driving simulator of all time is a little wishful, but I hope you are happy with your decision. BTW, I have played SegaGT for DC, and its a good game, but again not anywhere near GT3 in terms of depth.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
Go with the Xbox. ;)
Check out all the cool games that are coming out at Team Xbox.
Link Removed
Brion

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I see that only Masood has answered BrianB's question yet. Hey, I've got a Dreamcast that I'm very pleased with, but I won't be pretending for a minute that it doesn't suck next to the games it was ripping off. Get a PS2 - with so many cheap games out there, and some blimmin' marvellous ones its a steal (I'm surprised its still so expensive in the US however - we have had two price drops already and now actually pay less than you do!) At the very least, it will last you long enough to save up for an X-Box to complement it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks