What's new

Please help me choose a pre-packaged system (1 Viewer)

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Jason Charlton said:
Indeed... I can just imagine all the regular HTF members forming a Tabernacle Choir-sized chorus and singing out loud things like "passive subwoofers are pointless", "ARC isn't the answer you thought it would be", "No, you can't get new speakers for your HTiB", and "For the love of God, just get a Toslink cable".
That post is just full of good stuff...also made me chuckle. Gets my vote for a sticky!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Jason Charlton said:
Indeed... I can just imagine all the regular HTF members forming a Tabernacle Choir-sized chorus and singing out loud things like "passive subwoofers are pointless", "ARC isn't the answer you thought it would be", "No, you can't get new speakers for your HTiB", and "For the love of God, just get a Toslink cable".
The "passive subwoofer" needs an asterisk...before RobertJ chimes in with "but if you do it right..."

RoohHafza

Auditioning
Real Name
Marstarst
lol guys, just to clarify I understand you all are saying an active sub is better - I guess I didnt phrase my question correct. I mean that initially it was recommended that I go for the YHT-199 but due to my insanely good luck I was unable to buy it. So then looking back at my list, I realise that no body recommended the 1810 so I was wondering whether you thought this was a good system too although it wasnt initially recommended and it happens to have active sub which I thought would make it a good system. I hope that makes some sense.so basically my question has become: which is best (all have active sub from what I have read)?Pioneer VSX329 + Pioneer SSL100 + Tannoy SFX Sub (8ohm)ORYamaha YHT-1810ORPioneer VSX329 + Tannoy SFX5.1 (6ohm - i dont see why 6ohm wont work, website says 6ohms should - could you breifly explain please?)ORPioneer VSX329 + S-HS100 (again, also 6ohm)sorry for being such a noob but i wanna get the purchase right - so thanks for the help!

RoohHafza

Auditioning
Real Name
Marstarst
schan1269 said:
The 1810 is passive. Speaker terminals for the sub.
really? my bad i just looked at this (centre bottom) and the website from which I would buy it and the website has a tick next to 'Active Subwoofer Output'. but ok lets rule that out.so I can't go for 6ohm speakers with the VSX-329 which says 'Impedance at Output Level 6Ω'?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Instead of the Pioneer why not get the Yamaha 377? It's only a bit more and will probably do you better in the long run. Pair it with the Tannoy set or if you have to save a bit get the Yamaha NSP40 package.

RoohHafza

Auditioning
Real Name
Marstarst
ArmSC said:
Instead of the Pioneer why not get the Yamaha 377? It's only a bit more and will probably do you better in the long run. Pair it with the Tannoy set or if you have to save a bit get the Yamaha NSP40 package.
Ok, I think I'll do what you've said and get either of those two options.

If I choose to go for the Tannoy that puts it in the same price range as the Onkyo HTS4505. Is one recommended over the other at all?

Honestly, thanks again eveyone.

yuvarani

Auditioning
Real Name
Yuvarani
Home theater is an important home appliances in our home. So you choose best product and enjoy. I am also using home theater in my home and enjoying every moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adam991
Recent bookmarks