What's new

Green Acres Complete Series 10/17/17 (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Saw the complete series set at our local Wal-Mart for $69 and change ($70). Wish I had waited.

OK... I have to go to WM now. Double duty trip. Look for Green Acres and pick up some candy corn. :D
I went to WM as soon as I got off work... They had two copies on the racks so I snagged one! $75.56 after tax! WooHoo!!! Thanks for mentioning that!!! Like Robert and Malcolm, I'd have never thought WM would have this one in the stores and wouldn't have looked had you not mentioned it. I saved just under $20 from my Amazon pre-order price ($95.47) - that order is now cancelled!

I didn't see the S4 set - but I wasn't really on the lookout for it either.

Also picked up 2 3lb. bags of candy corn (already have the peanuts - What?!? You've never tried candy corn and roasted peanuts together?!? Tastes like a Payday bar!) and a new pair of house shoes. A very productive trip! :banana:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
First paycheck at my new job will be a bit short, but on the 2nd paycheck, I might have to pick this up. If nothing else to show Shout! that we're interested in the rural sitcoms, the Henning shows in particular, being released correctly.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I picked up my copy of Green Acres at my local Walmart today. They have several new complete sets from Shout Factory. I saw Just Shoot Me and TJ Hooker. Both at better prices than I paid online. Saw some DVD's of classic films by Kino Lober as well. Worth a trip if you are price conscious.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
CBS, are you paying attention here? No, not your series, but you're stalling out two series that are sister shows. Time to let Shout! work their magic because we're getting really fed up!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Also picked up 2 3lb. bags of candy corn (already have the peanuts -
That sounds like a
220px-Cracker_Jack_bag.JPG

Cracker Jack idea :dance::rock::rolling-smiley::popcorn:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I picked up my copy of Green Acres at my local Walmart today. They have several new complete sets from Shout Factory. I saw Just Shoot Me and TJ Hooker. Both at better prices than I paid online. Saw some DVD's of classic films by Kino Lober as well. Worth a trip if you are price conscious.

I'm glad to see Shout getting into Wal-Mart.

Might mean more complete sets after One Day At A Time.

I mean, Wal-Mart would be the perfect place to try to sell Fantasy Island and Archie Bunker's Place and... hell, name an abandoned Sony or Fox show from the 60s through 90s.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I didn't see "Just Shoot Me" - and I called myself looking at the other titles on the side of the display with "Green Acres." I may have to visit the other one here Sunday after church... it's a short side trip then and I do need some corn chips...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The official release date is still listed as November 28, even on Wal-Mart's own website.
Walmart's website release dates are all over the place. I wouldn't depend on them as an accurate source.

They have War for the Planet of the Apes listed as a preorder shipping 10/23, though the film has already been out for a few weeks.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walmart's website release dates are all over the place. I wouldn't depend on them as an accurate source.

They have War for the Planet of the Apes listed as a preorder shipping 10/23, though the film has already been out for a few weeks.

TSOD never changed the release date, either.

I think something went weird with the set, because it's currently unavailable on Amazon too and doesn't even show up when you do a quick search on Shout's own site.

Maybe it got released early by mistake to some Wal-Marts and was pulled.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
I know they have some kind of deal by which they release WWE DVDs now a week earlier than the other retailers do but had already though Green Acres S4 was already out?! Guess I was wrong but at least we know Season 5 will be forthcoming and thinking the last/final season comes out around May 2018, which is just a guess at my end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks