What's new

Green Acres Complete Series 10/17/17 (1 Viewer)

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Got my complete series set today from Amazon and already I have problems.

Season 1 - has two Disc 4's and no Disc 2.
Some of the discs came loose in the cases and are horribly scratched.

Perhaps Mr. Haney had a hand in this?

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Any fans of The Beverly Hillbillies notice the inside joke?

inside joke.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Weird! Why would that be, especially since I saw that fourth-season release right at the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville?

Nothing new here. I bought season 13 of Death Valley Days at my local Wal-Mart well over a month before it was supposed to be released.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
An update on Green Acres Season 4 as I saw the title at a Wal-Mart store in Niles, iL yesterday afternoon, so it seems to me they are getting the pre-releases a week earlier than most other stores and online retailers, but it is now available at Wal-Mart stores as an exclusive until the month's end; by then, it will be available throughout the retail sector.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
For those that may not realize, Amazon will give just under $33 trade-in for the combination of the first three seasons in like new condition. For those that bought the complete series it is a good way to recoup some cash in Amazon Credit. That said, it is based on supply and demand so the amount will go down with each trade-in made.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
My mom lives near Niles, so I may check this out when I'm there next week.

Paul, let your mom know if she's in the area, it's the Touhy Avenue location in Niles and the item is located in the middle section of the video display, lower left corner. They had two copies still available and the color of the package is aquamarine.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Paul, let your mom know if she's in the area, it's the Touhy Avenue location in Niles and the item is located in the middle section of the video display, lower left corner. They had two copies still available and the color of the package is aquamarine.

She lives just north of Touhy in Park Ridge. Thanks for the info.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
For those that may not realize, Amazon will give just under $33 trade-in for the combination of the first three seasons in like new condition. For those that bought the complete series it is a good way to recoup some cash in Amazon Credit. That said, it is based on supply and demand so the amount will go down with each trade-in made.

I did not realize this, thank you.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^
Yesterday I received my credit on Amazon for the first 3 seasons I traded in, so I immediately ordered the entire series box set. I also had a credit for $10, so I got this whole thing for about $30.00! Am very stoked to be getting the flippers replaced and the entire last three seasons...after such a long time! When it arrives I think I'll watch the Second Season Christmas episode first!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For the past few months, I have been plowing through the remainder of Green Acres seasons.

Since I saw the original 3 season releases, I began with season 4. Been averaging an episode a day, watching it while running on the treadmill.

Been immensely enjoying this show. It really hasn't lost anything after all these decades. I still laugh aloud at many of the gags, particularly the way Lisa is the only person who sees the on-screen credits (a joke that started in season 3 if I remember correctly).

I would say that the show was in full stride during season 5. That was the funniest season by far. My favorite? An episode called OLIVER AND THE CORNSTALK. I would say that episode solidifies everything that made Green Acres the zaniest, most original program of its time.

I am a third of the way through the final season. The show takes a bit of a turn in that season. I can already see that it has kind of "jumped the shark" with the introduction of a new character. Also, thus far, the Monroe Brothers are nowhere to be found.

In any event, I am proud to own this entire series on DVD. It hasn't lost a bit of its appeal.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I started from S1 as it'd been several years since I'd last seen an episode. I finished sometime last month and had a blast! My grandson (age 14) watched about a third of the episodes with me and laughed himself silly (OK... he's rather silly to start but he'd laugh so hard I thought he was going to wet himself!). I'd forgotten just how surreal and funny this series is.

Like Ron, I found S6 just about "jumped the shark" but managed to somewhat right itself a bit after a few episodes - basically when they dropped the "let's keep the kid around" bit about a third of the way in. It gets mostly better before it ends and there are a few episodes which have a déjà vu vibe, but it never rises to the level of prior seasons. IMHO the weakest episodes of the entire series are in that last season.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My favorite I think is Season 2, Episode 12 (though I'm still working my way through Season 4).

A Square is Not Round
Oliver discovers that one of his chickens is laying square eggs, but he can't find out which one it is. In addition, he finds out that he has a toaster that only works when you say the word "five". When he mentions this to the boys at Drucker's, they sympathize with him for having an old model--they have new models that only work when you say "eight".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks