What's new

Green Acres Complete Series 10/17/17 (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Alas, we were posting at the same time.

When I hit create thread, there was no sign of anything in the recently posted topics about Green Acres. I didn't see the thread you bumped until after the deed was done.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You're welcome! It's all because I finally caved and "purchased" the last 3 seasons from Amazon digital a month or so back. I say "purchased" becaused I used digital credits received by selecting "slow shipping" to obtain these. Didn't actually cost anything but those credits I could have used for something else.

And... I'm in! I don't care about having to repurchase the first 3 seasons to get the last 3 on physical media! :)

Last edited:

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Green Acres is the place to be, Finally! Hopefully soon I hope Mister Ed seasons 4 & 5 will be rereleased.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Mr B. F. Hammerr is going to be busy from now through April. I'm giving a lot of 'boots THE BOOT, and replacing them with legit sets. :D

I have a request for Shout!

Release HOT WHEELS and SKYHAWKS. I'll purchase AT LEAST seven sets of each (One set for myself and six to give to relatives who have children or grandchildren). :cool:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You're welcome! It's all because I finally caved and "purchased" the last 3 seasons from Amazon digital a month or so back. I say "purchased" becaused I used digital credits received by selecting "slow shipping" to obtain these. Didn't actually cost anything but it's credits I could have used for something else.

And... I'm in! I don't care about having to repurchase the first 3 seasons to get the last 3 on physical media! :)
Yay! I was justthisclose to also purchasing the digital seasons from Amazon, but had not yet done so.

I also don't really mind repurchasing the first three seasons in order to have the complete series. I was beginning to wonder what would be completed first: this series on DVD, or the Douglas' bedroom being built by Alf and Ralph. :laugh:

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
This is such great news and I'll definitely be buying a copy of Shout! Factory's upcoming Complete Series 24-disc DVD box set of Green Acres.

I've seen several episodes of this TV Series on the classic television network AntennaTV and I enjoyed those episodes.
It will be a pleasure to watch every episode of this TV Series on DVD.
Thanks to Shout! Factory, the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons will be released on Region 1 DVD for the first time.
Thanks to Shout! Factory, the first and second seasons will finally be available to purchase on single-sided discs.
MGM's releases of the first and second seasons consisted of double-sided flipper discs.
I've never liked double-sided flipper discs.

I'm also so extremely proud that Shout! Factory hasn't ever issued any DVD-R releases.
I've always been able to count on Shout! Factory to issue just factory pressed discs.
There are probably many Region 1 DVD distributors that would have issued the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons on DVD-R
if they had released those seasons instead of Shout! Factory.
Every TV Show on DVD release by Shout! Factory that I've ever bought has had absolutely perfect packaging.
Shout! Factory is such a fantastic TV Show on DVD distributor.

Yes, I know that Shout! Factory isn't a perfect TV Show on DVD distributor because there are numerous Shout! Factory
TV Show on DVD releases that contain syndicated versions of episodes and even some episodes that are missing around a minute worth of scenes.
Shout! Factory also isn't a perfect TV Show on DVD distributor because there are still many TV Series' that they have released some seasons of on DVD that they still haven't gotten completed on DVD.

For example, Shout! Factory still hasn't announced Region 1 DVD releases for,
Blossom (Seasons 3, 4 and 5)
California Dreams (Season 5)
Diff'rent Strokes (Seasons 7 and 8)
Fantasy Island (Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7)
Ironside (Seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8)
L.A. Law [Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8]
MADtv [1995-2009], (Seasons 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14)
Marcus Welby, M.D. (Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)
Mr. Belvedere (Seasons 5 and 6)
My Two Dads (Season 3)
Parker Lewis Can't Lose (Season 3)
Police Story (Seasons 3, 4 and 5)
Police Woman (Seasons 3 and 4)
Room 222 (Seasons 3, 4 and 5)
Small Wonder (Seasons 3 and 4)
The Paper Chase (Season 4)
The Rookies (Seasons 3 and 4)
Webster (Seasons 5 and 6)

But, I'm very confident that Shout! Factory will be releasing more seasons of Diff'rent Strokes, Fantasy Island,
Ironside, L.A. Law, Mr. Belvedere, Police Story, Police Woman, The Paper Chase, The Rookies
and Webster
on DVD at some point in the future.

Thanks to Shout! Factory, these classic TV Series' have either already been or soon will be completed on Region 1 DVD's.
Adam-12
All-American Girl
All in the Family
Automan
Baa Baa Black Sheep: Black Sheep Squadron
Barney Miller
Cop Rock
Dark Skies
Dennis the Menace
(1959-1963)
Designing Women
Dragnet
(2nd TV Series)
Father Knows Best
Get a Life
Green Acres
Hart to Hart
Hazel
Here Come the Brides
Hill Street Blues
Homicide: Life on the Street
It's Garry Shandling's Show
Just Shoot Me!
Kojak
Leave It to Beaver
Manimal
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
Maude
Max Headroom
McHale's Navy
Men Behaving Badly
(1996-1997)
Miracles
Mister Ed
Ned and Stacey
Newhart
N.Y.P.D. Blue
Peter Gunn
Punky Brewster
Quincy, M.E.
Rhoda
Route 66
Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show
Simon & Simon
Sisters
Street Hawk
S.W.A.T.
That Girl
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
The Facts of Life
The Jeffersons
The Larry Sanders Show
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
The Middleman
The Nanny
The Norm Show
The Patty Duke Show
The Rebel
The Saint
The Westerner
Thirtysomething
T.J. Hooker
WKRP in Cincinnati
Welcome Back, Kotter
Wilfred
(2007-2010)

Last edited:

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
$140 is a joke for DVDs. I love Paul Henning shows, but I won't pay that much. Sorry.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
$140 is a joke for DVDs. I love Paul Henning shows, but I won't pay that much. Sorry.

If you're paying $140 for them, you must be buying them from a Borders circa 2001, because no one else charges the full MSRP.

Also, if for some crazy reason you were paying the full MSRP, $23 per season is a decent price. It's less than you'd pay for a season on Amazon that you wouldn't even own.

This is why physical media is dying. People expect everything for nothing and call reasonable prices "a joke" because new releases aren't the same price as something that's been out for 10 years and is down to $10 dollars.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
This is such great news and I'll definitely be buying a copy of Shout! Factory's upcoming Complete Series box set release of Green Acres.

I've seen several episodes of this TV Series on the classic television network AntennaTV and I've enjoyed those episodes.
Thanks to Shout! Factory, the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons will be released on Region 1 DVD for the first time.
Thanks to Shout! Factory, the first and second seasons will finally be available to purchase on single-sided discs.
MGM's releases of the first and second seasons consisted of double-sided flipper discs.

I'm also so extremely happy that Shout! Factory hasn't ever issued any DVD-R releases.
I've always been able to count on Shout! Factory to issue just factory pressed discs.
There are several Region 1 DVD distributors that would have issued the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons on DVD-R if they had released those seasons instead of Shout! Factory.

Yes, I know that Shout! Factory isn't a perfect TV Show on DVD distributor because there are numerous Shout! Factory
TV Show on DVD releases that contain syndicated episodes and even some episodes that are missing around a minute worth of scenes.
Shout! Factory also isn't a perfect TV Show on DVD distributor because there are still many TV Series' that they have released some seasons of on DVD that they still haven't gotten completed on DVD.

For example, Shout! Factory still haven't released Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Blossom on DVD.
They still haven't released Season 5 of California Dreams on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 7 and 8 of Diff'rent Strokes on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Fantasy Island on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8 of Ironside on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of L.A. Law on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Marcus Welby, M.D. on DVD.
They still haven't release Seasons 5 and 6 of Mr. Belvedere on DVD.
They still haven't released Season 3 of My Two Dads on DVD.
They still haven't released Season 3 of Parker Lewis Can't Lose on DVD.
It remains to be seen if they'll ever release Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Police Story on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3 and 4 of Police Woman on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Room 222 on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3 and 4 of Small Wonder on DVD.
It remains to be seen if they'll ever release Season 4 of The Paper Chase on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3 and 4 of The Rookies on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 5 and 6 of Webster on DVD.

But, I'm very confident that Shout! Factory will be releasing more seasons of Diff'rent Strokes, Fantasy Island,
Ironside, L.A. Law, Mr. Belvedere, Police Story, Police Woman, The Rookies
and Webster

Thanks only to Shout! Factory, these classic TV Series' have already been or soon will be completed on factory pressed discs.
Adam-12
All in the Family
Barney Miller
Cop Rock
Dragnet
(2nd Series)
Father Knows Best
Green Acres
Hill Street Blues
Just Shoot Me!
Kojak
Leave It to Beaver
Maude
McHale's Navy
Mister Ed
Ned and Stacey
Newhart
N.Y.P.D. Blue
Route 66
Simon & Simon
That Girl
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
The Facts of Life
The Jeffersons
The Nanny
The Patty Duke Show
T.J. Hooker
WKRP in Cincinnati
Welcome Back, Kotter
You have to get in your dig at DVD-R as usual, I see.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
This is such great news and I'll definitely be buying a copy of Shout! Factory's upcoming Complete Series box set release of Green Acres.

I've seen several episodes of this TV Series on the classic television network AntennaTV and I've enjoyed those episodes.

I'm also so extremely happy that Shout! Factory hasn't ever issued any DVD-R releases.
There are probably several Region 1 DVD distributors that would have issued the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons on DVD-R if they had released those seasons instead of Shout! Factory.

TV Show on DVD releases that contain syndicated episodes and even some episodes that are missing around a minute worth of scenes.

For example, Shout! Factory still haven't released Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Blossom on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of L.A. Law on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Marcus Welby, M.D. on DVD.
They still haven't release Seasons 5 and 6 of Mr. Belvedere on DVD.
It remains to be seen if they'll ever release Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Police Story on DVD.
It remains to be seen if they'll ever release Season 4 of The Paper Chase on DVD.

and Webster

Thanks to Shout! Factory, these classic TV Series' have already been or soon will be completed on factory pressed discs.
Adam-12
All in the Family
Barney Miller
Cop Rock
Designing Women
Dragnet
(2nd Series)
Father Knows Best
Green Acres
Hart to Hart
Hazel
Here Come the Brides
Hill Street Blues
Just Shoot Me!
Kojak
Leave It to Beaver
Maude
McHale's Navy
Mister Ed
Ned and Stacey
Newhart
N.Y.P.D. Blue
Quincy, M.E.
Rhoda
Route 66
Simon & Simon
S.W.A.T.
That Girl
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
The Facts of Life
The Jeffersons
The Nanny
The Patty Duke Show
The Westerner
Thirtysomething
T.J. Hooker
WKRP in Cincinnati
Welcome Back, Kotter
Great list of shows , and as some

There are probably several Region 1 DVD distributors that would have issued the fourth, fifth and sixth seasons on DVD-R if they had released those seasons instead of Shout! Factory.

For example, Shout! Factory still hasn't released Seasons 3, 4 and 5 of Blossom on DVD.
ll gret They still haven't released Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of L.A. Law on DVD.
They still haven't released Seasons 5 and 6 of Mr. Belvedere on DVD.

and Webster

Thanks to Shout! Factory, these classic TV Series' have already been or soon will be completed on factory pressed discs.
Adam-12
All in the Family
Barney Miller
Cop Rock
Designing Women
Dragnet
(2nd Series)
Father Knows Best
Green Acres
Hart to Hart
Hazel
Here Come the Brides
Hill Street Blues
Just Shoot Me!
Kojak
Leave It to Beaver
Maude
McHale's Navy
Mister Ed
Ned and Stacey
Newhart
N.Y.P.D. Blue
Quincy, M.E.
Rhoda
Route 66
Simon & Simon
S.W.A.T.
That Girl
The Bob Newhart Show
The Colbys
The Facts of Life
The Jeffersons
The Nanny
The Patty Duke Show
The Westerner
Thirtysomething
T.J. Hooker
WKRP in Cincinnati
Welcome Back, Kotter
Good news - every so often Shout factory gives us a classic beloved show. I'm happy that these are pressed discs too - I wouldn't pay $140.00 for DVD- R's . Now I'll get rid of my old Green Acres two sided "flipper " discs .
Like others on this thread, I'm hoping SF picks up the complete Beverley Hillbillies .

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Once again this year, Shout Factory rescues a show from the graveyard of stalled/abandoned series-on-disc. Completely unexpected and completely appreciated.

And despite owning the 3 previously released seasons, this complete collection will still be a most welcome purchase. Not only is it a chance to FINALLY complete one of my most wanted incomplete/stalled series, but it's a chance to replace the old flipper discs. So no complaints from me about re-buying the 1st 3 seasons as part of the package.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Regarding HonkyTonkMan's list, I believe that the upcoming final 5th season release of LOU GRANT was pulled awhile back with no new date announced.

Great news regarding GREEN ACRES! It's high time for the remaining 3 seasons to see release on physical media! Huge thanks to Shout! Factory!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks