What's new

got my denon 1600 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
It arrived the other day from Crutchfield (309.99 after free shipping and referred friend discount). Maybe it's me trying to rationalize the upgrade from my Toshiba SD-4800, but I think the picture is a little better. Lion King is freakin' AMAZING. The only downside is that it's kind of loud when it's loading the discs, but that's a really minor grievance. One question though. I had Monster 2's with my Toshiba 4800, and I'm using the same ones for my '1600. I work at best buy so I can get the Monster THX Ultra 1000 component's for like 60 bucks. Would this make the difference in the player all the more noticeable? Is there that much difference b/w the 1000's and the Monster 3's? Thanks!

Brandon

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Brandon,

I've had my 1600 for 1.5 years now and it has never missed a beat. The picture on it is indeed one of the best for progressive players.

Do you own a TV that allows use of the progressive feature?

Which cables are you referring to, the audio or video? With audio you are dealing with toslink and I found buying a PS Audio toslink improved the audio greatly. I was using the monster 3. This is the one weakness with this unit, no digital coax out. So I would go with the better toslink, plastic ones don't really cut it.

If you not using a HDTV ready set, and you are asking about video cables, I say save you money towards one. :)

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
I was referring to the video cables. I do have a Toshiba 56H80 (HD), but I'm upgrading to a Mitsubishi either 65313 or 73513, depending on how much I have left over when my house closes. That 73 is SWEET. For audio right now I'm using the basic Monster optical, the lightspeed 100. The plastic part that plugs into my receiver snapped, so I have to get a new one when I move, and I figured since the price difference between the Lightspeed 200 and the THX Ultra 100 Toslink is only 10 bucks, I'd get the 1000. My biggest debate is still between the Monster 3 and 1000 component video cables though.

Brandon

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Is that the new 65" with the 9" crts? Sweet indeed. When I found out that Mit came out with that one after I bought the old 65" with 7" crts I was just a little upset, especial since it is not that much more than mine was. I have silver core triputaries for my component cables. These things are too expensive.....

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

All I did was run a google search for "crutchfield coupons" and I found a promo code for refer a friend. It didn't take much digging, you should find one pretty readily.

Joe, how do I find out if the ws-65313 has the 9" CRT's? It's the basic silver model, so would it have them?

Brandon

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Brandon,

It is either the platinum plus or Diamond plus, I don't remember which is the top model. I just got back from Tweeter's and they said it is not out yet. :b It should be out later this month or early November. It will list for around 6500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks