What's new

Family Guy Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The music video had lots of references to other videos and movies. Some of them were: The Police "Wrapped Around Your Finger", The White Stripes "Fell In Love With A Girl", a-ha "Take On Me", the movie Pink Floyd The Wall, the movie Across The Universe, and several more that I haven't identified yet. There's probably 20+ references in there. I'd love to find a list of what they were.

This season has been mediocre at times but still worth watching. I think "I Dream Of Jesus" has been the best episode so far.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

That was good. It's cool that Family Guy can occasionally "South Park" something into an episode like that. Although all they needed was a animation loop of a tape recorder and some Peter lines.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So last night had a couple laugh out loud moments for me, but mainly they dragged things on too long. Don't get me wrong, I realize that's sort of a staple of the show that they do something funny, and then keep it going until its not funny, and then keep it on longer so that you're almost laughing at the ridiculousness of it... But last night it just felt like filler. I mean the Bryan Adams music video, the Christian Bale tape thing (which would've been much funnier had it not been on the news a million times in the past few weeks), and there was one other instance that I can't remember.

Good to see Bonnie finally have the baby after 6 and a half seasons, though.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
One of the better episodes this season, although I agree that "Bird is the word" was the best. I absolutely loved the Christian Bale thing but the Stewie video went on way too long.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I actually laughed at the music video. I thought it was funny when Brian asks Stewie what the story arc is. I also like the Bale tape. I laughed so hard I watched that section again. I may be in the minority here, but the show is still maked me laugh. Hopefully they pull out all the stops and finish the season strong.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"Pull out your hands, stick out your tush, hands on your hips, give 'em a push. You'll be surprised you're doing the French Mistake. Voila!"

("Fifty million frenchman can't be wrong")

Best gag tonight! Would've been better if Dom DeLuise made an appearance..."Wro-o-o-o-ng!!"

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Agreed, that part was great. It bothered me a bit that Peter's gay voice was a combination of Roger from American Dad and Brian's cousin Jasper though. I mean it just makes it feel to me like maybe it's going on too long if they can't even get an original voice for it. I don't know, that's an exaggeration, but still.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

They also did the "cancelled Fox Series" gag before (actually it was the first joke of their 1st episode back from cancellation) I guess this one could have been all the shows cancelled since they came back, I wasn't paying full attention though.

I did laugh at the "straight camp" baseball bat "no not like that, use your fists....no not like that" gag.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Yeah, this was more recently canceled shows than the last time they did that joke. And now that you mention it, that reminds me that they also did the funny names for race animals joke when Lois was chasing down a greyhound in the one for her anniversary scavenger hunt.

I do still like the show, but it's definitely not nearly at the quality it used to be.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I thought this was the best one of the season, but not the overall best one.

The Dragon's Lair gag in the beginning was funny.

and the running joke of Cleveland getting interrupted during his bath with one of Peter's shenanigans. The horse was licking up his bath water and Cleveland replies with, "Uh, that's nasty, it has my stink from the day on it."

The bashing of the gay guy with bats and fists then "no not like that" really had me rolling.

And I agree with the Til Death horse name joke.

And I strangely laughed at the Meridith Baxter in "Raped by a Clown" Lifetime movie joke, where there was a clown nose honk when she crossed her legs.

and then finally, Peter using the word penis in two phrases of his.
*knock on door* "Oh, for the love of penis"
Dinner with Scott "Penis for your thoughts."

Joe_H

Screenwriter
... Seriously? Again with the Conway Twitty thing that has never been funny? I mean, how many people watching this show have even heard of him, since it generally tends to be younger viewers? I know I haven't, and it's annoying as hell that they keep doing it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I am going to hell, but I nearly pissed myself when Stewie told Michael J. Fox "I have to tell you about your future. And I'm in complete agreement with his appraisal of Diablo Cody. But yeah, the like 3 minute Conway Twitty was lame and very obvious filler. Funny how the show had to have a "Disclaimer" because obviously the episode was being worked on before O.J. had to go back to Jail.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Unfortunately i've heard of Twitty, that guy's music was pounded into my head as a kid.

When the song started I was like "ha ha!" a few seconds later I was like "ha...hmm...okay" then after a minute I was like (looks at watch) "alrighty, enough, can we get back to the show please?"

Seth does that a lot lately, drag out jokes for faaaarrrr too long.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know if it's laziness or if they've had their budget cut, but there seems to be a lot of non-animated filler scenes lately.

Tonight with the extended Twitty interlude, and they didn't animate the minotaur with Sean Connery's head (we just heard the voice and the hoof sounds). Last week (or was it the week before?) we had that loudspeaker thing at the horse track were we just had the picture of the loudspeaker while a voice described everything that was happening instead of actually animating the scene and showing what was happening.

At times it feels more like listening to something on the radio instead of watching an animated program.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Lately? The show has always dragged jokes out too long (Peter hurting his knee and sitting there yelling "Ahh" over and over comes to mind), probably because they think people will find the sheer length funny even if the material isn't.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
STOP! STOP! STOP! This Hee-Haw Conway Twit nonsense filler.
This is the second episode where they have done this and have played it out far too long.
It's very annoying and I was really yelling at my computer watching it.

I did laugh at the Back to the Future/Michael J Fox joke.

The whole lost episode thing was because this was done way back before the writers strike and it sat on a shelf. Then when they can air it, it's an old joke that needs to be relabeled as "lost episode".

Even as a fresh joke episode, I found it quite a boring episode.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is the first Family Guy I have ever turned off 3/4 of the way through.

Not funny.

The show is really starting to get lame.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
It's been ok so far. Last weeks episode (OJ Simpson) was horrible. Almsot unwatchable. But the episode were they have Bale yelling at Peter was funny as hell!:laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They must have heard you. They brought this back again, but gave it to Lois with a twist. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks