What's new

Family Guy Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I tried finding the video on Youtube with no luck.

It was the scene when Leslie Neilsen is telling the other passengers about the cockpit crew being ill and he was lying through his teeth so his nose began to grow like Pinnochio's lol.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Completely agree with you on this. Watching that episode, I felt the same way at that joke with the woman.. also along with Brian's stance on atheism. Which is funny because I always thought of Family Guy as no holds barred on ALL issues. Now I feel that it's become on SOME issues that McFarlane doesn't like but won't touch stuff he believes in.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I Dream of Jesus
Just another so-so episode.

I did like the Office Space spoof of Brian and Stewie smashing the record.
Jesus expanding Lois's boobs, then Brians mouth drooping and hitting the kitchen table was quite hilarious.

I liked the first time Peter heard the bird song, and was going up in everybody's face at the 50's diner. Then with Steiwe saying, since he's a baby he likes repetitive things.

Still haven't had a home run episode yet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was a little fearful of this episode. They really pushed "The Bird
Is The Word" bit, but I'll be damned if I didn't just crack a smile on
YouTube just now seeing Peter doing that awful dance.

Yeah, still no home run episode, but at least this week was not as
bad as I had anticipated.

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
not a great ep.,but the bird bit had me dying. leave it to that show to beat a single joke to death. i'm still laughing thinking about it.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I still think the show is hilarious. Some weeks are better than others.

The Star Wars episode will be episode 14 this season.....so that puts it early next year?

Episode 10 could be amusing. Anchorwoman: The Legend of Lois Griffin (Lois gets a job working for Fox News).

Regardless of where you stand politically, that could turn out to be a pretty funny episode if they do it right.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Which they almost certainly won't. See my earlier post. And I'm sure the episode will not point out that pretty much all the other media outlets out there are biased as well.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
0 for 3. That's three episodes this season and no laughs from me. I recently watched Season 5 and it made me laugh so hard my cracked rib wouldn't heel. With S7, it's healing just nicely.

This show has definitley been dumbed down and I have to wonder if Fox is giving Seth a new series (Cleveland Show?) in favor of toning down Family Guy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
They do seem to be losing their edge and doing more movie-referance humor, while I like the movie jokes (particularly the Back to the Future chase spoof complete with Alan Silvestri's score) the show just seems to be changing a little.

I still like it and still think it's funny but I do know what Jeff is talking about.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i thought last nights was one of the best. when the back to the future thing started i thought they were going into a last crusade spoof with the side car motor cycle and was taken by suprise that it was the skateboard scene. later one when they spoofed another movie was great too.

I really like the brian and stewie period peices. The animation last night on all the planes was just amazing.

Ed Payne

Agent
What? No love for this past Sunday's episode? It was the first time I've laughed out loud all season. Even my wife liked it. :D To me, it felt like classic Family Guy. Thoughts?

Ed

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You let your wife watch Family Guy!!!!!

Isn't that breaking the man code?
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

I agree it was a good episode in a "not so good" season. I was a little surprised at how it unfolded. I thought that new Brian would end up having an agenda and his "niceness" was just a cover. Who would have though that Stewie would want old brian back.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

StephenA

Screenwriter
That part with New Brian sticking it to Stewie about Rupert was just crazy and funny. The only part I didn't get was Cleveland taking Brian out on a leash.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
^ Brian went to stay with him and Cleveland insisted he be on a leash because there are laws and "you never know who's watching."

I loved this episode and of course "Bird is the Word" a few weeks ago...this season overall is weak but those two would probably both be in my top five episodes ever.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I dunno guys.

I'm just not laughing at Family Guy anymore, despite the
fact it's still my favorite animated show.

I just posted something similar about South Park, but it seems
that these shows have lost their edge. Either they are being tamed
by censors (which is probably more the case with FG than SP) or
there's just a creative burnout from running for so many seasons.

It has just been far and fewer instances where I find myself even
cracking a smile during a Family Guy episode.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Don't ask me how I came across this:

Grape Stomp from That Happened!

I thought that finding this video was just absolutely hilarious of me because of the Family Guy episode:

YouTube - Stewie Grape Stomping

I was then insanely dissappointed once I punched "stewie grape stomp" into google and fount the two videos linked to each other in "related links" on Youtube.

was I the only one who didn't know that was based on a real event?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Are we still in season seven? This may have been the Winter Premier
of the second half of season seven. Dunno. I lost count.

In any case, a pretty good episode sans the Stewie Music Video which
after 30 seconds I just fast-forwarded through. The show was saved by
the timely inclusion of the Christian Bale audio hysterically mixed with
Peter's interruptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks