What's new

Family Guy Season Seven (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
FOX-y Lady

Another lame ass episode.

I laughed once, and that was at the Ann Coulter frigid joke.

The Peter and Chris walking out of the room to talk in private joke, repeated and got old fast.

Very stale episode.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
*YAWN*

Somebody call me when The Empire Strikes Back parody episode comes up.

Also, how could they have a scene set in the FOX Plaza building and not make any Die Hard jokes?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
So...Joe has no objection whatsoever to "Handi-Quacks"? Admittedly Peter's pitch was the best part of the show though.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

Excellent point.

I enjoy the show for the mindless laugh that it is. But I have to agree that recently it has been pretty stale.

Seth, time to start huffin' the green again yo.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think it wa kind of weird that both this show, and American dad that follows, stopped and talked to the audience. In both cases it was sort of lazy they simply used it as a pretense to drop a plot item like how the wife left the tv station.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It better be damn good, as the only way I can rationalize these recent lame episodes is that they're spending extra time and effort on the ESB episode and these other episodes are suffering for it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the ESB parody is the season premiere in the fall. And it's not really a surprise but they recently announced a Return Of The Jedi parody too (entitled Episode VI- The Great Muppet Caper) which will probably close the 09-10 season or start the 10-11 season.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I think that title is funny.
But it would have been funny if they made fun of the original title
Call it Jedi's CAN Revenge

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This coming Sunday's episode will make fun of Star Trek Generations and it's conventions.
Star Trek Generations cast will be making an appearance.

Not sure about a Star Trek II episode, which if done right, would be funny.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Due to the nature of tonight's episode, I can't elaborate too much on my thoughts. But my bottom line opinion, it that this is another example of how McFarlane is a thought bully. While I certainly have my criticisms of the subject of this episode, this one still seemed especially condescending.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I assume he means the very strong anti-religion part of the episode, which I had absolutely no problem with but at the same time I could see how others would.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Like I said, I can't fully elaborate very much on my opinions without breaking forum rules, but Joe kind of generally hit on it. Look, McFarlane has every right to his opinions, but sometimes I find the way he presents them is very condescending to people who might not think the way he does. He basically called people who think differently from him on the subject of this episode stupid.

There was another episode in which he (thorough his mouthpiece, Brian) pretty much called a person on an opposing side from him on another controversial issue a c**t. It just makes him, to me, come off as a jerk.

To me, South Park does a much better job at this sort of thing. Matt and Trey certainly have their opinions, but usually they're either respectful to the other other side, or they make fun of both sides equally.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok I really didn't even notice anti "that" in this ep.
Usually I don't pay attentio to that stuff.

now back to the funny parts......

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

Will,

I couldn't agree more with out on your comment.

Without getting to deep, Seth seems to degrade an opinion that contradicts his own point of view. I stopped watching American Dad after last season because I got so tired of the main character's lifestyle belittled throughout the whole episode. Every show seemed to be him feeling strong about his point and by the end of the episode, he had 'learned his lesson' on how he was such an idiot for believing in what he did. You never seen in FG or AD anyone of the other spectrum 'learn their lesson'.

These show's are basically Seth's bully pulpit and AD wouldn't be on the air if FG had not been brought back a few years ago.

Paul

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'll just go on record and also say that I agree with Will's points.

Speaking as a Christian I was mildly offended by this weeks episode, I mean can laugh at myself just as much as the next guy but to equate believing in God to nazism is, I don't know, too much lol.

Yeah, I think i've finally had enough of McFarlane, i'm bowing out until the Star Wars episode.

I will say this, though, all the Star Trek stuff and Peter throwing the soup and milk at Meg was funny, I want more of that.

BTW, with the way the jokes have been falling flat this season I wouldn't call encouraging people to change the channel a smart move on Seth's part lol.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
The religious stuff was pretty weak and, thankfully, forgettable (and I can easily see where people might take issue with it).

I did, however, get a laugh at the still of Brian on the news with the words "WORSE THAN HITLER" underneath. It was silly and tasteless, but it's "Family Guy" we're talking about here.

And the Star Trek stuff had me howling. That was the best material they have had on that show in quite some time.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
the "worse than Hitler" remark was no doubt in reference to Fox News' "Red Eye" where host Greg Gutfeld's nightly commentary always ends with the remark, "...and if you disagree with me than you, sir, are worse than Hitler!"

Red Eye is my favorite news program--when I'm awake to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks