What's new

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Uhm, I understand how you are feeling. I am still optimistic of more titles as there is one in particular I heard is in the pipeline and has not yet been announced.
Ron, I'm curious.

With the other announcements this morning, has the 'particular title' you mentioned been announced, or is it still 'in the pipeline'?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, I'm curious.

With the other announcements this morning, has the 'particular title' you mentioned been announced, or is it still 'in the pipeline'?

It’s still in the pipeline. Late 40s film.

It was mentioned to me a few months back as having release setbacks.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Based on the announcements this morning, your post is a little premature.;)

And I feel my OP was, too. This is the best announcement I've seen for many months with any studios/companies. I want all four of these. They were anounced all at once in timely fashion. I feel a bit shamed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And I feel my OP was, too. This is the best announcement I've seen for many months with any studios/companies. I want all four of these. They were anounced all at once in timely fashion. I feel a bit shamed.

Hee-Hee. You can’t predict these announcements.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Just Santa Fe Trail for me in September (always excited to have more Olivia!), but it's great to see so many happy folks around here today. I guess the speculation of WAC's imminent demise has been greatly exaggerated. 😆

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Last month or the one before (I believe) they dropped the very first week of the month so they haven’t been consistent.

From Oct/Nov to around April they did the 1st week of the month when they were doing it via Facebook, but over the years it has changed fairly often and any given month they would show up completely out of the norm. For a few years 3rd week around was the most common (15-20th), but even then it wasn't as predictable as Criterion

Since they cancelled Wbshop and re-did the Social Media group after the May announcement which did come out 1st week in April , I thought it had gone back to approx 3rd week for most items.

Anyway -- today's the day this month

I guess it too early to see if it's a new-old pattern or something else entirely, but here;s the best I can find lately -- maybe will help for later
May 19 -- June Releases
June 14 -- July
July 21 -- August
August 17 -- Sept

Movie Maven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
ed
On the other forum, they're reporting finding Straight Time (1978), The Window (1949), The Naked Spur (1953) and A Night At The Opera (1935) coming next month.
I wonder if Night at Opera will have the the long ago cut opening scene,several years back warner archive said they were searching for it.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Earth to whoever is still at WA, if you are checking in here at all, why do you ignore all of the wonderful historical adventures (Scaramouche, Helen of Troy etc.) and elegant silents in your vast library? Even one would be so welcome.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Earth to whoever is still at WA, if you are checking in here at all, why do you ignore all of the wonderful historical adventures (Scaramouche, Helen of Troy etc.) and elegant silents in your vast library? Even one would be so welcome.
Helen Of Troy instant pre-order for me!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Who says they're being ignored? And please don't go the "they're releasing junk but not the classics" route! :lol:. They can only work on so many films at one time and doing the job right takes time. Who would have thought the public domain Santa Fe Trail with Flynn and DeHavilland would have gotten the WA restoration treatment yet it did! Be patient. If the DVD of Helen Of Troy is any indication, that film needs a lot of work to make it acceptable for HD standards.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The pattern I've seen is 2 WAC titles pop up around mid-month with the rest appearing the following week.
I really miss those days when WAC would have the big day of announcements on Facebook
Next month could be a fun one for horror fans as just maybe they could announcement a couple of creepy classics for their October slate. I heard they were working on The Mask of Fu Manchu..

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
From Michael Reuben:

"There's some good news for fans of the Warner Archive Collection.

George Feltenstein has returned to Warner as a full-time employee, where he has once again assumed control of WAC, including its Blu-ray releases. We can expect those releases to continue for the foreseeable future.

Anticipating the likely (and reasonable) question about the reliability of this information, I will add that it comes directly from Mr. Feltenstein, with whom I spoke this afternoon."

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
From Michael Reuben:

"There's some good news for fans of the Warner Archive Collection.

George Feltenstein has returned to Warner as a full-time employee, where he has once again assumed control of WAC, including its Blu-ray releases. We can expect those releases to continue for the foreseeable future.

Anticipating the likely (and reasonable) question about the reliability of this information, I will add that it comes directly from Mr. Feltenstein, with whom I spoke this afternoon."
Awesome news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks