What's new

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I guess this is more of a rhetorical question but why fire him only to hire him back a few months later? I'm certainly glad they did but what made Warners suddenly decide they cared about their catalog again?
Well, during those few months, ownership of WB began the process of changing hands
Welcome back Mr F! Now how about Northwest Passage on Blu?

Kiev7385

Grip
Real Name
Stephen
Okay, we get it, and are sad that Mr. Feltenstein and Co. are no longer running the show at WAC. But who is? How about helping out the hundreds of fans and supporters of your program, and keeping us better informed about anything you are releasing. No Facebook page anymore? No official announcements for Home Theater Forum and other sites? IF YOU ARE STILL PUTTING OUT TITLES, MIGHT YOU PLEASE ORGANIZE THEM AND ANNOUNCE THEM ACROSS VARIOUS PLATFORMS?

There are so many members here for whom the second Tuesday of the each month really meant something for many years..."I wonder what WAC will announce this month? Can't wait for the next announcement so I can spend more of my money on their releases!" Now, if any titles appear, they do so arbitrarily as though they are an afterthought. Might you at least pretend you give a damn about your many, many loyal consumer friends out here? Yes, you have big shoes to fill...are you up to it?

Thanks for any actual effort you might exert in the wake of the personnel changes. We also get it that those who (probably reluctantly) inherited the Feltenstein mantle just haven't the same movie fan mindset and enthusiasm. But WE still have that, and have money ready to spend on quality releases.

PLEASE BRING BACK WAC!!!
I believe they are a "Page" on Amazon Now....rec'd an email several months back saying they would be a section on Amazon still issuing new titles....

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
From Michael Reuben:

"There's some good news for fans of the Warner Archive Collection.

George Feltenstein has returned to Warner as a full-time employee, where he has once again assumed control of WAC, including its Blu-ray releases. We can expect those releases to continue for the foreseeable future.

Anticipating the likely (and reasonable) question about the reliability of this information, I will add that it comes directly from Mr. Feltenstein, with whom I spoke this afternoon."
Wonderful news.

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
I got an email today from this site stating, "Here's what you missed.." But they had an excerpt of the first post instead of the last post and it scared the hell out of me, even though after reading the subsequent posts, it wasn't completely clear if WAC was abandoned or not.

I kind of always expected this under AT&T. I was surprised that they even kept TCM going, since it's not an ad-driven cable channel and the purpose of AT&T owning Warner was to drive smartphone subscriptions. While Discovery isn't too concerned with physical media either, knowing a number of people there on a professional basis, I think they'd be a lot more inclined to keep everything going. So while I would have still rather seen Warner become an independent entity as it was before the Time merger, I think the Discovery acquisition is the best we can hope for.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
There's good news, and there's REALLY good news.

Today we are thankful to receive a healthy dose of the latter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Guys!

I communicated with George Feltenstein this evening.

He is riding very high on being back at his old job with added responsibilities that I am certain is going to take the WAC library to a new level.

I expressed my concern about the erratic announcements and he let me know that while it will take time to fix, it will be the highest priority on his list to normalize.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
One can only hope that this might mean the return of the 4 for $44 sales, or something similar!

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Hey Guys!

I communicated with George Feltenstein this evening.

He is riding very high on being back at his old job with added responsibilities that I am certain is going to take the WAC library to a new level.

I expressed my concern about the erratic announcements and he let me know that while it will take time to fix, it will be the highest priority on his list to normalize.

This is great news. As I mentioned on another site, this is the best news of the year for me. While, I know they can't do it right away, I hope they get the Podcast back up as that was an informative venue for the specs, history of films, and the Mailbag.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
WELCOME BACK, MR. FELTENSTEIN!!

Confetti Background GIF by Justin

Attachments

• 1630541747102.png
    1630541747102.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Dear George. Please bring us Captain Blood. And all the Fred and Ginger movies --- maybe repackage with them the Criterion Gay Divorcee just for us completists.
Only kidding .. it's too early for request. Just congratulations.

You mean Swing Time, don’t you?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I don’t usually do wish list stuff, but I’m currently hoping the Archive eventually gets around to doing the 1958 version of The Brothers Karamazov. I recently finished the book (plus I obtained Bronislau Kaper’s score a few months ago) so I’m particularly eager to see the film.

Filmfanatic10

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
F
Will Ron Sanders and any other Warners distribution and marketing executives who were fired because of Jason Kilar return as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks