What's new

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Okay, we get it, and are sad that Mr. Feltenstein and Co. are no longer running the show at WAC. But who is? How about helping out the hundreds of fans and supporters of your program, and keeping us better informed about anything you are releasing. No Facebook page anymore? No official announcements for Home Theater Forum and other sites? IF YOU ARE STILL PUTTING OUT TITLES, MIGHT YOU PLEASE ORGANIZE THEM AND ANNOUNCE THEM ACROSS VARIOUS PLATFORMS?

There are so many members here for whom the second Tuesday of the each month really meant something for many years..."I wonder what WAC will announce this month? Can't wait for the next announcement so I can spend more of my money on their releases!" Now, if any titles appear, they do so arbitrarily as though they are an afterthought. Might you at least pretend you give a damn about your many, many loyal consumer friends out here? Yes, you have big shoes to fill...are you up to it?

Thanks for any actual effort you might exert in the wake of the personnel changes. We also get it that those who (probably reluctantly) inherited the Feltenstein mantle just haven't the same movie fan mindset and enthusiasm. But WE still have that, and have money ready to spend on quality releases.

PLEASE BRING BACK WAC!!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, we get it, and are sad that Mr. Feltenstein and Co. are no longer running the show at WAC. But who is? How about helping out the hundreds of fans and supporters of your program, and keeping us better informed about anything you are releasing. No Facebook page anymore? No official announcements for Home Theater Forum and other sites? IF YOU ARE STILL PUTTING OUT TITLES, MIGHT YOU PLEASE ORGANIZE THEM AND ANNOUNCE THEM ACROSS VARIOUS PLATFORMS?

There are so many members here for whom the second Tuesday of the each month really meant something for many years..."I wonder what WAC will announce this month? Can't wait for the next announcement so I can spend more of my money on their releases!" Now, if any titles appear, they do so arbitrarily as though they are an afterthought. Might you at least pretend you give a damn about your many, many loyal consumer friends out here? Yes, you have big shoes to fill...are you up to it?

Thanks for any actual effort you might exert in the wake of the personnel changes. We also get it that those who (probably reluctantly) inherited the Feltenstein mantle just haven't the same movie fan mindset and enthusiasm. But WE still have that, and have money ready to spend on quality releases.

PLEASE BRING BACK WAC!!!
Do you really think that after those personnel changes anybody still associated with Warner is reading this thread?

It’s over!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do you really think that after those personnel changes anybody still associated with Warner is reading this thread?

It’s over!

Before last year ended, two things were discussed in the WAC podcast and on other social media sites which somehow always seem to be excluded from these types of threads.

The first was that George Feltenstein was being kept on in a consulting role. The second was that WAC’s release slate was planned out for roughly the next two years.

The title choices for 2021 thus far haven’t been picked at random or with the intent of somehow disrespecting the disc buying audience. They were picked long before 2021 began and that is why Feltenstein is working as a consultant: to oversee the release of these long planned titles.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Didn't Univeral take over Warners home video distribution? Universal is very quiet about their MOD releases as well. They don't post them on Facebook or anything, They just show up on sites like moviezyng. It seems that's the way they are doing WAC now as well. I really do wish they'd go back to announcing the monthly titles on Facebook like they use to but at this point I'm just happy they are still releasing titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Before last year ended, two things were discussed in the WAC podcast and on other social media sites which somehow always seem to be excluded from these types of threads.

The first was that George Feltenstein was being kept on in a consulting role. The second was that WAC’s release slate was planned out for roughly the next two years.

The title choices for 2021 thus far haven’t been picked at random or with the intent of somehow disrespecting the disc buying audience. They were picked long before 2021 began and that is why Feltenstein is working as a consultant: to oversee the release of these long planned titles.
Being a consultant is different than being in power to actually execute changes in public relations.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Being a consultant is different than being in power to actually execute changes in public relations.

That’s true, I was responding more to the idea that the current selections were being chosen at random with the intention of being disrespectful to disc buyers, and I don’t see any evidence to support that charge.

But of course you and I both understand the reality of the situation - catalog disc sales are an increasingly small portion of an already shrinking pie and the revenue being generated isn’t enough to justify the additional staffing for a social media presence any longer.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Didn't Univeral take over Warners home video distribution? Universal is very quiet about their MOD releases as well. They don't post them on Facebook or anything, They just show up on sites like moviezyng. It seems that's the way they are doing WAC now as well. I really do wish they'd go back to announcing the monthly titles on Facebook like they use to but at this point I'm just happy they are still releasing titles.
No. No. No. No. No. Warner and Universal have set up a joint venture consolidating physical media production and retail distribution called Consumer Distribution Services. It's not a case of one "taking over" the other; they've simply set up a joint operation to reduce costs at the production and distribution level. Warner Archive has nothing to do with this, as Warner Archive products are strictly distributed via online retailers.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Facebook page is still updated, but the strategy has changed. Instead of announcing upcoming releases, they're promoted on Facebook once they are available.
They also still distribute monthly emails promoting their latest releases and the Amazon Warner Archive Shop. The change as has been mentioned many times is that we no longer get announcements of future releases to anticipate getting and being excited about. No announcements have lead people to believe there will be no future releases.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
No. No. No. No. No. Warner and Universal have set up a joint venture consolidating physical media production and retail distribution called Consumer Distribution Services. It's not a case of one "taking over" the other; they've simply set up a joint operation to reduce costs at the production and distribution level. Warner Archive has nothing to do with this, as Warner Archive products are strictly distributed via online retailers.
Okay, thanks for explaining.

Robert McNay

Agent
Real Name
Robert
I'm bewildered by this thread. I am still getting Warner Archive emails announcing new releases. I got one last week that had the announcement for the 4th Thin Man movie on BluRay. I immediately preordered it in the Warner Shop on Amazon.
Everything seems to be releasing just fine and consistently. I get not only the Warner emails, but I see the posts on Facebook.
Is this some sort of a tempest in a teapot by someone who personally doesn't like that Warner is now tied to Amazon? Because I can see no difference in how the Warner Archive is operating. As far as I can tell, it's business as usual like for the past couple of decades.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am dreading the day they move to digital content only and stop producing physical media. They will end up cutting off and alienating so many customers that have subpar internet connections or no internet at all. Not to mention the day that happens ownership of movies dies other than what you have in your possession or can still order online.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
From where are people getting these Warner Archive newsletters nowadays? I stopped receiving them a while ago and presumed they were no longer issued because of the upheaval(s) at Warner. My email address has not changed. Did you have to re-sign-up to receive them, and if so, where? Thanks in advance.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From where are people getting these Warner Archive newsletters nowadays? I stopped receiving them a while ago and presumed they were no longer issued because of the upheaval(s) at Warner. My email address has not changed. Did you have to re-sign-up to receive them, and if so, where? Thanks in advance.
I have continued to receive the monthly newsletter. They never stopped and I did not have to resign up.

Check out the All New Warner Archive Collection Room on Amazon.com Now!​

Inbox

profile_mask_2x.png

Warner Archive Collection <[email protected]> Unsubscribe​

Tue, Aug 10, 4:11 PM (3 days ago)

to me

E3_lNFPu8csKjWb51SuTx_R9glgG3R3O_lCngwDbnq6iV325MCq-paFdwx7qHTVl5XbKhiefi2PqcKw-WTZawDOeGVjanWhy8WcXbXdFOpC1d5vQPSE6G2duGxoFGLdOxZS53d89E-DmpgHdQRMwM_Y5zTtRb60ADL2p_7A2UelYh7mSbNwIMma7ArMQeFCVEqyA3LzzIGdY_iznBINmqHmUjkHZr5g5b3RC2KBWR-wqlJNVmGnymKC5clvxPApeQBJY-xJvSg=s0-d-e1-ft
HuXkAQ5tU5HIKSPC_MKptEPNgVplL8R11vhY9cSJyiJnuM_VbJmJlkEd9GDoZhen3Pv0BV3ptWHCWhhuJrpJiVDdmNoSXsCVLpGby42Pd1SJQ7AARtAO3GkCoFfQMoHvsY_YWNgWGLsuuXcz-6ewjU783yF8E2SHJoyGAzPyHKGLBQ=s0-d-e1-ft

ONE CRAZY SUMMER!
View this message in your web browser.
NEW 2021 HD REMASTER! Hoops McCann has the name but not the talent to carry on the family basketball tradition. He’d rather use his drawing skills to earn an art-school scholarship by writing and illustrating a love story. This summer – in Nantucket – he’s going to get the necessary romantic experience.

John Cusack (as Hoops), Demi Moore, Curtis Armstrong and Bobcat Goldthwait headline One Crazy Summer, a zany comedy from Savage Steve Holland, creator of the cult favorites Better Off Dead and How I Got into College. The annual Nantucket regatta sets the stage for Hoops’ bid to earn his lady’s love, and a larcenous land developer’s party sets the stage for an attack by Godzilla (as only Goldthwait can play him). Overworked and under-vacationed? Then join one crazy cast of characters for One Crazy Summer and soak up some laughs! 16x9 1.85:1. SPECIAL FEATURES: Feature-Length Audio Commentary by Curtis Armstrong, Bobcat Goldthwait and Writer/Director Savage Steve Holland • Theatrical Trailer​

NEW 2021 1080P HD REMASTER FROM 4K SCAN OF THE BEST SURVIVING PRESERVATION ELEMENTS! A jockey who threw a race is murdered in the locker room. “My, they’re strict at this track!” Nora Charles exclaims. With that, she (Myrna Loy) and hubby Nick (William Powell) are off to the races on another case of murder, mirth and perfect martinis. Highlights of this fourth Thin Man include a visit to the arena for the evening’s wrasslin’ and dinner at Mario’s Grotto, where, no matter what anyone wants, the waiter insists upon the sea bass. As in all films in the series, the supporting cast is extraordinary, with Sam Levene, Barry Nelson, Donna Reed, Henry O’Neill and Stella Adler among Shadow’s heroes and possible villains. Red herrings abound. But we still recommend the sea bass. B&W. 16x9 1.37:1. SPECIAL FEATURES: Vintage Short The Tell-Tale Heart • Classic Cartoon The Goose Goes South • Theatrical Trailer​

NEW 2021 1080P HD REMASTER FROM 4K SCAN OF ORIGINAL NITRATE TECHNICOLOR® NEGATIVES AND PRESERVATION SEPARATIONS! In the Good Old Summertime – a tale of squabbling music-shop clerks who don’t know they’re romantic pen pals – shares a celebrated movie lineage that includes James Stewart and Margaret Sullavan in The Shop Around the Corner and Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in You’ve Got Mail. In between those two, Judy Garland and Van Johnson had mail plus “Good Old” tunes evoking an era of straw boaters and silvery moons.

Sparked by Garland’s comedic zest and musical appeal, this confection is “one of the sweetest, most unpretentious entertainments of 1949” (Clive Hirschhorn, The Hollywood Musical). It’s also a nostalgic farewell and a sunny hello. Buster Keaton appears in his final film for the studio he first joined in 1928. And Liza Minnelli, all of 18 months young, makes her debut in the finale. 16x9 1.37:1. SPECIAL FEATURES: Introduction by Garland Biographer John Fricke • Vintage FitzPatrick Traveltalks Shorts Chicago the Beautiful and Night Life in Chicago • Theatrical Trailers​

Anthony Quinn and Charles Bronson star in an action-packed Western that explodes with passion, excitement and fiery intensity. Leon Alastray (Quinn), a rebel on the run from the Mexican Army, escapes to the remote village of San Sebastian, where the locals believe he’s a holy man. But when Leon discovers that the area has been devastated by savage Yaqui attacks, he knows he cannot hide the warrior within himself. Revealing his true identity, he leads villagers against the deadly threat, while at the same time battling another enemy: Teclo (Bronson), an antagonist with a shocking secret of his own. As the tension mounts, the people of San Sebastian prepare for an explosive fight to regain their courage...and reclaim their town. 4x3 1.37:1. SPECIAL FEATURES: Vintage Featurette • Theatrical Trailer​

NEW 2021 HD REMASTER! “The first thing a cop learns is that he can’t trust nobody but his partners,” Detective Danny Ciello tells an assistant D.A. “I sleep with my wife, but I live with my partners. I will never give them up.” From Robert Daley’s riveting book about New York City police-corruption investigations, director/cowriter Sidney Lumet’s film portrays a squad that pays a terrible price when one in its ranks does just that. Treat Willams (as Ciello, inspired by real-life undercover narcotic cop Robery Leuci), Jerry Orbach, Bob Balaban and Lindsay Crouse give standout performances in this gripping film. Lumet also stands out, garnering the New York Film Critics Best Director Award and an Oscar® nomination (with Jay Presson Allen) for the screenplay. 16x9 1.85:1. SPECIAL FEATURES: Prince of the City: The Real Story • Theatrical Trailer​

---------------------------------------------------------
ONE CRAZY SUMMER!
---------------------------------------------------------

PREFERENCES: To help us send you the best content, let us know what you like. Click here to update your preferences.

UNSUBSCRIBE and PRIVACY POLICY: If you would like to unsubscribe from the Warner Archive Collection Newsletter, click here. If you have any questions about the Warner Bros. Privacy Policy or want to learn more about your choices, please click here.

© 2021 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank CA 91522​

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks