What's new

Filmfanatic10

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
F
Okay, I just had to remove that last post.

I have no idea how someone’s political views have ANYTHING to do with the Warner Archive library.

Let’s keep the discussion on topic.
Sorry about that. But what about Ron Sanders and the others now that George F. just came back?

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sorry about that. But what about Ron Sanders and the others now that George F. came back?

I never discussed those individuals with George.

However, I got the impression that while most firings that occur after a company takes over are based on everyone being just a “number” to the new owners, that George’s contributions to the bottom line were eventually recognized.

Of course, those are my personal impressions based on the facts.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
SANTA FE TRAIL
THE WINDOW
THE NAKED SPUR
STRAIGHT TIME
NIGHT AT THE OPER
SANTA FE TRAIL
THE WINDOW
THE NAKED SPUR
STRAIGHT TIME
NIGHT AT THE OPERA
Thanks! I appreciate when someone posts a list of the month’s titles. It’s easier to know what is coming out.
So… OPERA is out now, that means they found the missing footage, if I understand correctly?

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
It is sad to me to read that some new blu-ray releases are not representative of the films as originally released. There is much discussion of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" now, but "Far From the Madding Crowd" was one of the most beautiful films I had ever seen upon original release. Not so much now on Blu. Many others.

I suppose it is a matter of money to get a film digitized and restored properly, and I assume there is not a lot of profit in doing so. I don't know what the statistics are, but the market for home blu-ray discs must be dropping significantly. Film preservation suffers accordingly.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Hey Guys!

I communicated with George Feltenstein this evening.

He is riding very high on being back at his old job with added responsibilities that I am certain is going to take the WAC library to a new level.

I expressed my concern about the erratic announcements and he let me know that while it will take time to fix, it will be the highest priority on his list to normalize.
It was such a dumb, short-sighted decision in the first place because I doubt anyone else on this planet knows that library as well as Feltenstein does. The Warner Archive podcast was a joy to listen to because even the most obscure and overlooked films were talked about in the most enthusiastic way.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It was such a dumb, short-sighted decision in the first place because I doubt anyone else on this planet knows that library as well as Feltenstein does. The Warner Archive podcast was a joy to listen to because even the most obscure and overlooked films were talked about in the most enthusiastic way.

I agree. However, the sad state of affairs is that some studios go up for sale, new brass comes in that has NO IDEA about what they are taking over nor what people are the best asset for them. As has been said, people become numbers.

Over the past 10 years I have seen very capable people let go and replaced with those that have no idea about the catalog they are sitting upon. Some of that is very apparent in the kind of product getting released.

I really miss the talented, capable individuals who were let go from studios like Fox, Paramount and Warner. We hardly know anyone at those studios anymore.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken

AT&T's handling of WarnerMedia can be best described as "pennywise, pound foolish". They damn near skeletonized DC Comics, so WAC wasn't the only division to suffer.

They were willing to piss off every director and creative in Hollywood just to pump up their streaming service.

Filmfanatic10

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
F
Who are these people?

--jthree
Ron Sanders was the former president of WB Home Entertainment and Jason Kilar is the current CEO of WarnerMedia who doesn't know how to run a mass media company with a movie studio by making dumb decisions for them to go streaming-only. Sanders and many other employees at WB and other WarnerMedia subsidiaries were fired between August and November last year because of AT&T and Kilar. Will they ever come back as well after George did?

Last edited:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thanks! I appreciate when someone posts a list of the month’s titles. It’s easier to know what is coming out.
So… OPERA is out now, that means they found the missing footage, if I understand correctly?

No, they haven’t said that about Night at the Opera.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
WHAT AN EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!

Attachments

• 514AgOMoV3L._SX385_.jpg
    514AgOMoV3L._SX385_.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 49

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not, but it's from a couple of weeks ago. They chat with George Feltenstein for over two hours. There's lots of great info in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks