What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't trust the long term viability of digital copies in general. But at $5 a pop for the three movies, it's the cost of a Blockbuster 3-day rental back in the day. Even if I only watch them once or twice, I figure I've gotten my money's worth.

I do wish Paramount would get their shit together and join Movies Anywhere, however.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Angel Heart HD for $5. What I like about digital is movies that will probably never make it to physical in HD, but you can get for $5.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Not on sale, but Dirty Dancing just got a 4K Dolby Vision upgrade on iTunes. I didn’t even know this one was slated for a 4K release.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Perhaps it’s not. Many films are upgraded and don’t come out on physical discs ie War Of The Worlds.
I didn’t say anything about discs. I meant I didn’t know it was scheduled for a digital 4K release. Vudu has a preorder for November 19th.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bill Hunt mentions "The Limey" is going to be released by Lionsgate digitally in 4K/Dolby Vision on December 10th. I hope that means that HD digital I purchased earlier this year on iTunes for $4.99 upgrades on that date.:)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Bill Hunt mentions "The Limey" is going to be released by Lionsgate digitally in 4K/Dolby Vision on December 10th. I hope that means that HD digital I purchased earlier this year on iTunes for $4.99 upgrades on that date.:)

Wouldn't that be great? Hopefully they've done some work on it too. I don't think the HD release looks very good. Great film.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Not sure if this is new but if you’re an Amazon Prime member you can purchase the streaming version of Chernobyl for $10. It appears you don’t get access to any extras but if you just want the miniseries that’s probably a steal!

Edit: I discovered that it isn’t covered by Movies Anywhere. I’m sure I’m the last one to stupidly realize this but I thought it’s worth sharing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks