What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (6 Viewers)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Costco has $100 iTunes gift cards for $79.49. Limit 2 per customer. Should come in handy for the onslaught of iTunes sales I’m expecting this holiday season...

That's darn cheap!

Don't forget too that you can use them to sign up for any service that bills through iTunes, like the Criterion Channel...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just a heads up. Last year on the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving there was a Black Friday sale on iTunes in which over 200 titles went on sale. I'll be on cheapcharts after midnight. There was even a bigger iTunes sale on December 18th.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just a heads up. Last year on the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving there was a Black Friday sale on iTunes in which over 200 titles went on sale. I'll be on cheapcharts after midnight. There was even a bigger iTunes sale on December 18th.

Thanks for the heads up, Robert.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I've got my iTunes account loaded with discounted gift card cash and ready for the sales. :D

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Robert's prediction was correct. A boatload of sale titles, though nothing that I didn't already have, except for Wizard of Oz. I had been keeping my eye on the bundle with Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Singin' in the Rain and Gone with the Wind. It dropped from $49.99 to $19.99, Of course I already have all those titles on Blu-ray, but now I have Oz in 4K and am future-proofed for Casablanca and Citizen Kane which are sure to go 4K someday.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert's prediction was correct. A boatload of sale titles, though nothing that I didn't already have, except for Wizard of Oz. I had been keeping my eye on the bundle with Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Singin' in the Rain and Gone with the Wind. It dropped from $49.99 to $19.99, Of course I already have all those titles on Blu-ray, but now I have Oz in 4K and am future-proofed for Casablanca and Citizen Kane which are sure to go 4K someday.
Yeah, the pickings are slim for people like you and I because we already own most of those titles. I wish they would offer more classic movie titles on some of these sales. Perhaps, we'll get more of those titles on December 18th?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yeah, the pickings are slim for people like you and I because we already own most of those titles. I wish they would offer more classic movie titles on some of these sales. Perhaps, we'll get more of those titles on December 18th?

I am in the same boat. I could only find one title I needed - Alita: Battle Angel.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see some John Wayne and Jerry Lewis movies that are $4.99 each. I have the Wayne movies, but, not much of a Jerry Lewis fan as an adult.

I see "Hostiles" in 4K/HDR is available for $5.99. I highly recommend that 2018 western.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I found two films where I was waiting for a price drop -- 4K versions of Spider-man: Far From Home and Anna. I would have grabbed Alita: Battle Angel in 4K, too, but I just ordered the UHD disc on sale (it should arrive today).

Unless something drops to an incredible price during the holiday sales, I may be done for the Black Friday / cyber-Monday sales. I have a few other discs already coming that dropped in price.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
A huge selection indeed, but like some of you I had a hard time finding titles that I either didn't have or wanted at the listed price. IMO that price needs to fall a bit more on many of these before I'd bite. $10 is too much for a lot of these films. as far as I'm concerned. I picked up a few 4K titles though: MIB International, Dirty Dancing, and Loving Vincent.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Alita will be $13 on 4K disc w the 3D included this week somewhere. Either BB or Target. Amazon likely to match.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

They have the 4 Bogart and Bacall films as a bundle 4 films , 4 of the Astaire Rogers films ( Gay Divorcee, Top Hat, Shall We Dance, and Carefree , the 3 James Dean films, 4 Murder Mysteries ( Dial M for Murder, Maltese Falcon, The Postman Always Rings Twice, and The Big Sleep)., at least 2 John Wayne 4 film bundles. Each bundle is $14.99. I don't believe any of the films released on blu ray came with digital codes except if they were included in the big 50 film Best of Warner Bros set from a few years ago. The Astaire Rogers films in the bundle are not on blu ray. It is a shame that the Big Sleep is in two of the bundles.

I travel a lot for business so having them available to stream is a plus for me even if I already own the blu ray.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They have the 4 Bogart and Bacall films as a bundle 4 films , 4 of the Astaire Rogers films ( Gay Divorcee, Top Hat, Shall We Dance, and Carefree , the 3 James Dean films, 4 Murder Mysteries ( Dial M for Murder, Maltese Falcon, The Postman Always Rings Twice, and The Big Sleep)., at least 2 John Wayne 4 film bundles. Each bundle is $14.99. I don't believe any of the films released on blu ray came with digital codes except if they were included in the big 50 film Best of Warner Bros set from a few years ago. The Astaire Rogers films in the bundle are not on blu ray. It is a shame that the Big Sleep is in two of the bundles.

I travel a lot for business so having them available to stream is a plus for me even if I already own the blu ray.
As I stated beforehand, the problem for me is that I already own all of those titles you've mentioned on HD digital.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Have you ever given Vudu's Disc to Digital program a shot?
For media directly from the studios sure. If I recall correctly Disc to digital doesn’t work for 3rd party films from Kino, Shout, Criterion etc. Plus I don’t think it works for Warner Archive titles. If I am wrong someone please correct me. Also doesn’t work for multiple movie sets like the Bogie and Bacall blu ray set. You would have to own the individual movies to get those .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks