What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Vudu's weekend sale has 16 WB titles for $4.99 each. 11 of the 16 titles you can get the UHD for that price. Got Man of Steel & The Legend of Tarzan.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A big Warner sale on iTunes read the following posts. Some real classic titles.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4709454/

iTunes is having a big sale of Warner titles with most of them $4.99 in HD. Below is some of those titles. Again, most of them are $4.99 with a few of them $5.99-7.99 range. There are some titles more expensive that I didn't list below.

Straight Time
Up the Down Staircase
Till the Clouds Roll By
A Stolen Life
Torch Song
Sex and the Single Girl
Shoot the Moon
Lone Star (1996)
Klute
The Thin Man
Gigi
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
A Guy Named Joe
The Mask of Dimitrios
Around the World in 80 Days (There are 2 selections for this title, but one has iTunes Extras with it)
East of Eden
Citizen Kane
A Face in the Crowd
High Sierra
In This Our Life
Bells are Ringing
Fort Dobbs
Marie Antoinette
The Good Earth
The Lusty Men
The Champ (1931)

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes is still adding more Warner titles to this sale. Several titles were just added in the last 15 minutes so I'm not done yet purchasing some of them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Thanks, Tony. I had planned on picking this up on 4K disc when the price dropped, but $10 is my ceiling price for a 4K streaming purchase. My wife really wants to see the film (I do, too, but am more patient ;)), so I bit on this version.

I finally set up Movies Anywhere this week & recently started my 4K Blu-ray collection.

So I was thinking of buying this on 4K disc. But like you, that $10 price sounds great for a 4K stream.

Did you like the 4K stream of Bohemian? Any reason to hold back & get a 4K disc?

(As much as I love physical media, a $15+ difference really make me think it might be time to start 4K digital purchasing)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
In addition to my question above:

iTunes Store says "You can watch content in 4K only on Apple TV 4K".

Is that true? I thought once purchased in the iTunes Store, it syncs with Movies Anywhere. I have 4K TV, 4K Roku and 4K BD player. Have Movies Anywhere on all 3 devices.

Is Apple saying I can't watch it unless I go buy an Apple TV??

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 2.16.15 PM.png

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
iTunes Store says "You can watch content in 4K only on Apple TV 4K".

Is that true? I thought once purchased in the iTunes Store, it syncs with Movies Anywhere. I have 4K TV, 4K Roku and 4K BD player. Have Movies Anywhere on all 3 devices.

Is Apple saying I can't watch it unless I go buy an Apple TV??

They're saying if you want to watch it in 4K through iTunes it can only be done on an Apple TV because those other devices you listed don't have iTunes on them.

If you watch it through MA or any of it's connected retailers you can watch it through those other devices.

Welcome to the dark side ;)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Thanks Cranston! Wow. Ok then, sounds like I'm good. But Apple could be much clearer in their description.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I finally set up Movies Anywhere this week & recently started my 4K Blu-ray collection.

So I was thinking of buying this on 4K disc. But like you, that $10 price sounds great for a 4K stream.

Did you like the 4K stream of Bohemian? Any reason to hold back & get a 4K disc?

(As much as I love physical media, a $15+ difference really make me think it might be time to start 4K digital purchasing)
I thought the 4K streamed version looked and sounded great when watched via iTunes using our Apple TV 4K. I am sure it would be great via a Roku 4K streaming box and Vudu, too, but I didn't try that combo. I do have a Roku Ultra in our home theater setup, but usually use the Apple device.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Thanks! I guess I'll give it a try.

I think we'll see many more of these $9.99 4K digital deals.

Not sure how I feel having this & few others be in one collection while a large 4K BD & Blu-ray library are all together in a different collection. But guess that's just the way things are headed.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks! I guess I'll give it a try.

I think we'll see many more of these $9.99 4K digital deals.

Not sure how I feel having this & few others be in one collection while a large 4K BD & Blu-ray library are all together in a different collection. But guess that's just the way things are headed.
I have bought numerous 4K streams at $10 or less -- that is my ceiling price for buying a 4K stream, while I have lowered my 4K UHD disc ceiling to $18 (used to be $20). If it's a favorite film that I know I will watch over and over, then I may wait for the UHD disc price to drop. However, this was a blind purchase, so I would rather gamble $10 on the stream than $18, plus there is the added wait for the disc price to drop to that level.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks