What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Apocalypse Now (Final Cut + Theatrical and Redux) is now on sale for 7.99 at iTunes so I picked it up. I was hoping that by now the Redux version would be in 4K but no luck. I may have to resign myself to watching the Final Cut if I want to see it in 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apocalypse Now (Final Cut + Theatrical and Redux) is now on sale for 7.99 at iTunes so I picked it up. I was hoping that by now the Redux version would be in 4K but no luck. I may have to resign myself to watching the Final Cut if I want to see it in 4K.
The digital of "Apocalypse Now Redux" that I bought last year in November has disappeared from my digital library. It upgraded to 4K on August 23rd and today it's gone. I'm going to ask them refund my $4.99 because even though it's part of the same digital package you bought yesterday and that I purchased back in August, it should still be in my digital library as a separate title because that's how I originally purchased it. This is BS and why people have severe reservations about buying digital streams.

Edit: Strike through, what I wrote above as that was the result of searching for the "Redux" version on iTunes. However, after made the above post I decided to pull up my entire iTunes digital library and that version of "Apocalypse Now" is still there and in 4K Dolby Vision. I verified it by playing this 196 minute version. Whew!

Again, the "Redux" version is no longer available to purchase separately, but it's still in my digital library as a separate title in 4K/Dolby Vision because I bought it back in November, 2018 as a HD digital. We've seen this with other titles in which they disappear as an active purchase, but remain in your digital library if you bought it as such.

It's still BS that the "Redux" version won't play in 4K/Dolby Vision when you purchase all three movies together in the "Final Cut" package. It's similar to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Last edited:

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Another Republic "B" picture from the recent batch of Paramount restorations has turned up on both Amazon Prime and iTunes for rental or purchase. It's a 1942 comedy titled YOKEL BOY with Albert Dekker, Joan Davis, Eddie Foy, Jr. and a pretty impressive supporting cast of actors like Alan Mowbray, Roscoe Karns and Marc Lawrence. Republic did a lot of comedies during this period but this is one I've not seen.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I decided to get a couple odd little $5 movies in iTunes...

Enemy (2013): Denis Villeneuve's unfathomable movie about a college professor (Jake Gyllenhaal) who discovers he has a doppelganger and decides to investigate.

The Reflecting Skin (1990): A low key indie feature starring Viggo Mortensen, possibly about a vampire. I've never actually seen this one.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I decided to get a couple odd little $5 movies in iTunes...

Enemy (2013): Denis Villeneuve's unfathomable movie about a college professor (Jake Gyllenhaal) who discovers he has a doppelganger and decides to investigate.

The Reflecting Skin (1990): A low key indie feature starring Viggo Mortensen, possibly about a vampire. I've never actually seen this one.
The Reflecting Skin is very, very good.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There’s several good $5 horror deals on iTunes. The Cell, The Ring, Let Me In, Christine, BodySnatchers.

I picked up Bride of Re-Animator (blind) and Deep Red for $4 each.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
VUDU currently has the 5 movie Jason Bourne Collection in 4K UHD with Dolby Vision for $22:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Jason-Bourne-1-5-Bundle-/788294
Thanks for posting this. I picked up the set, and am selling my BD copies of the first three films plus UHD of the last one for enough to cover the cost. I have never seen the one without Matt Damon. All five films came across to iTunes as 4K + Dolby Vision via Movies Anywhere.

More shelf space for new discs. ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if there's an easy to tell which Vudu purchases will port over to iTunes?
The Movies Anywhere studios are:
  • Disney/Twentieth Century Fox/Marvel/Pixar/Lucasfilm
  • Sony Pictures Entertainment/Columbia Pictures/Tri-Star Pictures
  • Universal
  • Warner Bros.
If the studio on the Vudu is one of those four, you should be good. If it's another studio (Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM, etc.) you're out of luck.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Does anyone know if there's an easy to tell which Vudu purchases will port over to iTunes?

Just look to see whether it has the Movies Anywhere logo at the bottom of the movie's page...

56350B32-F398-49B2-BD2A-59A613972AA8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks