What's new

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
No offense Jean, but I would be sorely disappointed if that were the truth behind the mystery. It's a little "been there done that."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/31/04

Overall, an okay episode, not great, but still watchable.

Zach saw Bree as a mommy replacement (decorating Bree's home in Christmas lights, etc).

Mike is looking for something in the confines of Wisteria Lane. He's had run-ins with the law (fingerprints on file). Susan can be such a ditz.

Who's John fooling, playing the "wounded is me" card. Puh-lease. Mama Solis is a little scary in her "momma knows best" role.

I find that I don't much care for any of Lynette's problems with her kids all that much. The problems are cute, but just don't interest me.

Am looking forward to Bree's coming out party next week, though.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
quote:Overall, an okay episode, not great, but still watchable.

Wow! I could not have a more opposite opinion.
smile.gif

Great episode (though not as great as last week's)! I practically fell out of bed laughing when Rex mentioned Bree's NRA membership and 4 guns and Susan's exchange with the hooker and potential john. Teri Hatcher is comedy gold... this was so unexpected on my part. For years I haven't thought very highly of her acting abilities but I was sadly mistaken. The twisty plot elements were unpredictable and very interesting and I really like how the POTB continue to flesh out Bree's character.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I like that each week we end up with more questions than answers. I think this makes this show very interesting. I can't wait to watch next week and see Bree come out of her shell. I think that will be very funny.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else catch that Bree told the kid (Sorry I don't know his name) at dinner that she can never be sad when there is a decorated christmas tree in the house.

I think he decorated the house to cheer her up.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
quote:He's had run-ins with the law (fingerprints on file).

Ah but what makes you think he had run in's with the law?? His creepy buddy said he knew "one of them" in the neighborhood is bad (or something along those lines.

How do we know he isn't some kind of detective and he has fingerprints on file with them or some kind of agency? A bit of a stretch I know, but strange things seem to happen every week so ya never know!

biggrin.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mike was concerned about the cops running the screwdriver through for fingerprints, thus, I assumed that Mike doesn't want his fingerprints to be connected his presence in the neighborhood (though we don't know if Mike is using an alias while living in the neighborhood). The cops would have a photo on file since Mike's fingerprints are in the system, and if the cops showed the photo associated with the fingerprints to the neighbors, one or more of them might make the connection that the file photo was of Mike.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Yes, if Mike works for some Federal agency, he may not want to alert the local police as to his real identity.

Cindy V

Agent
The show ran at 11:05pm so I taped it and just watched last night. Well, come to surprise the show started a half hour late so I only taped the first half hour. Can anyone give me a recap of the last half hour? I can not remember when it went off, I saw the part about Mike in the park talking about his prints, the part of Mama going shopping, the kids calm at school but do think I caught much else.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... memory a little shakey here:

Mama Solis got framed for trying to shoplift a garment from the store, and that gave Gabby some time to knock boots with John. I forget how Mama Solis gets bailed out of that situation.

Susan goes out on the date with the cop. Cop turns out to be another Karl, as she finds out that the cop never turned over the screwdriver for fingerprint collection. Susan gets in a huff and jumps out of the cop's car because she didn't want to be anywhere near the Karl/Cop, and conveniently enough, she's in the seedier side of town, and has to borrow the cell phone of a prostitute and call Julie to come pick her up. Mike shows up instead, and Susan has the screwdriver, and Mike is relieved the cops didn't get to life fingerprints from it.

Lynette suggests to her hubby that he stay home to home-school the twins because they can't afford the $15K/year for tuition, and Lynette wants to go back to work. Her hubby just can't conceive of staying home with the kids, and work the sailboat angle. The next thing you know, the twins are enrolled into the school, and are running around through the halls, much to the consternation of the headmaster.

Bree finds out that there was a break-in at her home, and it's because Zach broke in and put up Christmas decorations from his home into Bree's home. The cops were going to take Zach in for B&E, but Bree drops any outstanding charges for Zach. Paul shows up and takes custody. Later, you see Zach getting packed up and taken somewhere by Paul.

Cindy V

Agent
Wow, alot happened in the half hour I missed. Does anyone know if they are going to repeat this episode?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Does anyone know if they are going to repeat this episode?

Yes, supposedly Sat at 10 EST. (Although local stations may decide to air something like college football instead.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/7/04

Fun episode:

Gabby and Momma Solis battle for Carlos's soul, it would seem. Gabby finds out about Momma's gambling problem and uses it to set up Momma for a fall that would convince Momma that Gabby really does love Carlos and isn't cheating on him. Momma almost falls for it, but then her attention goes to John due to Gabby's attempted non-interaction with him as she is walking from her car to the house with John hedging the walkway.

Lynette had a fun time dealing with an impossibly politically correct mother re-writing the school play "Little Red Riding Hood". Lynette really had some good lines with her showdown of the bully mom (Sharon Lawrence) of the group.

Bree looked mighty fetching in fur and lingerie. Too bad for Rex, she's easily distracted by impending food stains. That was a pretty scene. The other funny scene was Bree inviting herself to have lunch with her therapist, and finally he gives in, but charges her for the session. After Bree's minor dissertation of the profundity of sex, her therapist is so flustered that when the waiter shows up, he asks for the check, and the waiter tells him he hasn't even ordered anything yet. LOL.

Susan is more up for the challenge of digging up the 411 on Paul and Zach after she finds out that Zach is being kept in a juvenile mental health facility. Susan even uses her daughter to sneak in/blend in to get to Zach. Zach mentions "Dana" as being the cause for the turmoil in his household. Later, the camera zooms in a on blanket and bowl that Susan bought from Paul's yard sale, and the blanket had the name "Dana" on it. It makes you think there was a daughter in the Young family, and it died suddenly, and this would tie in with that baby's chest that Paul tried to sink into the bottom of the pond/lake.

SarahG

Second Unit
This was a good episode. I am stumped about Zach and his father's secrets...at first I thought the dad was the bad guy, then Zach, and now I'm pretty sure his dad is evil. But why on Earth did the father have his son committed, heavily medicated, but not "treated?"

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
My 2¢ worth: I'm not sure the dad is quite so evil, my guess is that the kid somehow got blamed for his little sister(Dana)dying. He's managed to block out that fact from his conscious mind, but not from his conscience. The reality is that a Christmas present from his parents/mom caused her death. Their secret/blackmail ammo/suicide motive is the burial under the pool. The note might even have been from him.

I know this is still missing some details, but it's my best guess so far.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Bree earned several sympathy points in last night's ep, showing she's not simply an ice queen obsessesed with order. Her commitment to "fixing instead of discarding" and her final invitation to Rex to voice his secret desires impressed me. The visit to the motel wasn't half bad either ;)

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
My tivo cut off, right after Lynette said, let's take your sorry ass outside. What happened after. There had to be just 1-2 mins left. Did they fight?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
no they didnt fight. the other chick backed down, said something like "I dont have time for this" and walked away. But right there Lynette established dominence, and apparently has most of the other moms in her corner now, apparently the rest of the moms are tired of that woman too.

How can Gabrielle be so stupid and bold? Your mother-in-law is watching you closely, but you keep seeing the kid and not being cautious about it. The situations she puts herself in are so risky, I think she may be addicted to the thrill of almost being caught. Still, its excessive.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
quote:But why on Earth did the father have his son committed, heavily medicated, but not "treated?"

Because he wants to keep a secret?

I think Bree's Husband has a secret as well. Is he gay?

Overall great episode. I loved the school play stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks