What's new

Grey's Anatomy season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, cliffhangers from last season:

Meredith learns that her lover, Derek, is still married. Doh!

Will Cristina and Burke be outed as a couple?

That's all I got, but it returned tonight after Desperate Housewives on ABC at 10 p.m. EDT.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good start to the season.

I don't quite know how to pinpoint why I like this cast, but they just click, and seem to have that human spark that overshadows other shows in this department.

I think it was sort of smart to break up Burke/Cristina and Meredith/Derek for now, opens them up to other possibilities. Glad they revealed Derek's breakup details instead of dragging it out.

Yes, that was Steve from "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance'" that was bar owner who underwent the standstill operation.

George as the mole was funny.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Patrick! As I watched this episode, I thought he looked familiar but could not place him. I agree that the cast on this show really clicks. I also thought it was interesting that the surgery performed on tonight's show is virtually identical to the procedure on House this past week.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I agree the cast clicks. I taped this show all last season because it took over the Boston Legal slot (which took over The Practice slot), but I never watched it. I figured I'd give it a run before the season started. I was surprised to see Isiah Washington in a weekly series. I like him as an actor. I've also liked the Chief in other roles.

Katherine Heigl ("Izzie") is supposed to be "traditionally hot." That's her niche. I remember her from Roswell. She was called Isabel on that show, and Isobel here. IMDB says she's 27 in November, which is more the age I'd expect from intern Surgeons.

The age of the characters throws me off a bit. It seems they're supposed to be late-20-somethings, but as I suspected, some of them are a bit older. I just looked up Sandra Oh (Dr. Cristina Yang) and she's 34 (35 in November). She reminded me of the girl from Arli$$, and sure enough, she is. Ellen Pompeo (Grey) is 36 in November. That explains things a bit for me as I keep expecting younger people based on context, but I keep seeing middle-aged people on the screen.

All in all, I've enjoyed the show during it's short run. I've given it a permanent slot in my recorder.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

34 or 35 is "middle-aged"?! Good Lord, when did that happen?! :)

Nice seasone premiere. My wife really likes this show, but it's growing on me, too.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Wasn't this filmed last season? Plus they only killed the little girl for 60 seconds on House, but it was 45 minutes for this guy. Weird.

George absolutely cracked me up. I didn't really like him that much to begin with; he annoyed me, but he's definitely one of my favourite characters now. So cute.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The scene with George and Meredith was gold.

If Izzie and Alex get together, I was be banging my head against the proverbial TV screen.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Awhile back when I knew it, life expectancy was about 70 for men and 72 for women. I've always figured 35 is the beginning of middle age. I just did a mortality table check and the average life expectancy for a white woman born in 1970 is 76, so middle age would be 38. I'd be really curious to know when you guys think middle age starts, because I certainly had no problem calling myself middle aged when I passed those milestones.

But let's get back to the show.

The most interesting moment for me was when Dr. Grey told Dr. McDreamy that his description of her presence in his life was not enough. I wonder what would have pleased her.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A good season opener. I missed the prior season finale, so was caught off guard by the Shephard's wife and George and Alex's fisticuffs.

I'm amused, in a frustrated way, with George's failure connect with the women more than platonically. To cap it all, George spends a day finding a way to pay for the bartender's surgery, aggressively confronts the Chief of Surgery about it, twice, and succeeds. But it's Alex who captures Izzie's attention when he shows a hint of a heartbeat.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Last year they made Alex a big jerk. You know, one that totally deserved to get punched. This year they are trying to make him a nice guy? I am sorry but I will always think of him a syphilis carrying, womanizer.

If Izzy would ever touch him after knowing all of this it wouldnt be very realistic. She deserves better :)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

As alluded to earlier, I think we are still dealing with "last year" here. If I understood the recent EW article correctly, they originally filmed 13 episodes but ABC only aired nine of them last year. So last year's "finale" wasn't really a finale at all. The season premiere is actually Episode 10 from the initial production run. So far we aren't seeing the results of any new course changes that might have been decided during the hiatus.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
It looked that way to me Jim. I really enjoy this show and thought the first episode was good. I'm glad you guys pointed out who the bar owner was because I could not figure it out for anything.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/2/05

The Judy doll heads were just "OMG! How did he get them down?" Whew!

I really feel like a chick when I watch this show, but it's just so good in the humanity of the characters, so I don't care.

I had a thing for Kate Walsh (Addison) since her Drew Carey days, so I'm glad she's on the show for now (not sure how long she'll stick around, though).

George and Olivia - could have been drawn out, but with George finally stepping up to the plate, he gave Olivia what she needed to hear for her to move on.

I cracked up when the Chief's wife showed up and it's Loretta Devine, who played Marla on Boston Public.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I enjoyed last nights episode. I honestly don't think I could be a doctor or a nurse, because that was such a hard decision to make with regards to the dad that beat his wife. His son was really brave for giving him an organ. I don't think I could have done it, father or not. Christina felt exactly how I would have felt.

Great show. Great actors. Keeps me tuned in.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes, but they avoid that because it's not their decision to make. Give everyone the best care possible. Ultimately, it was the son's, although everyone that had an opionion was not shy about expressing it.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I hope hers is a recurring role. She is a fine actress and would be a welcome addition to this already fine ensemble cast. This is quickly becoming a really terrific show!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I knew I'd see her somewhere! Thanks.

I enjoy how George, in all his insecure geekiness, continues to stand up to those in power to save the powerless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks