What's new

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
:emoji_thumbsup: I really enjoyed this one.

Liked the humor and the bad macaroni "gag".

It is so nice to see Teri Hatcher again:D .

Will keep this one for a few weeks to see where it ends up.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They don't say. Although it would be a tragedy in real life, it was funny that the whole house was on fire after Teri's accident. Jeans were good too.

So do they shoot this on that "Anytown USA" part of Universal Studios? It looked really manicured and hermetically sealed.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

I guess the fact that I make her sit through American Chopper doesn't allow me much room to complain.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention that the yard boy also got recasted from the original pilot. The original yard boy John had blonde hair, but now the yard board is a guy of latino descent with dark hair.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

From what I have read, that was the point. Kindve like the suburbs in Edward Scissorhands which were overexagerated.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Overall, I thought it was okay. The performances were fine, but I thought the story was a bit lacking. From all of the previews, I guess I was expecting more sardonic "edge" than what we got... a "Serial Mom" vibe perhaps? I dunno. I will check it out again, but unless there is more action or more quirkiness, I don't think I will stick around for long.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
The overnight ratings are in. And, they bode well for Desperate Housewives AND Boston Legal. We could be witnessing the beginning of a turnaround at ABC, and the start of some real problems at NBC. This is gonna be an interesting TV season...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sela Ward was offered a role on the show, but turned it down to spend more time with her family. I wonder which of the ladies she would have played.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You mean Bree (the redheaded Stepford wife)? (Marcia Cross, BTW). Now I wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte ROSS in the cast either. :)

I was thinking Sela would have played Lynnette, but Felicity Huffman did a nice job in the pilot of being pretty much overwhelmed by the 4 children she was having to take care of all by herself for most of the time.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Have you lived in the suburbs recently? While exaggerated, it's not far from the truth. I still see "Stepford Wives" all over the place. Just look at Laura Bush. Is that smile real?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I live in the burbs, and I don't know about most other places, but we NEVER talk to neighbors the way they show on this program. Sure, we wave and offer a "how's it going," but there just isn't as much as Hollywood Neighborhoods.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/10/04

I couldn't believe it when Ted from Scrubs shows up as Dr. Goldfine, the marriage counselor for the Van De Kamps.

Susan's quest for Mike gets some laughs from me, but it's still so pathetic is spots.

Lynette's life just sucks.

Gabrielle's dalliance with the yard boy gets a little disturbing (like doing John in his room at his parent's house), and she's in that quandary of being with a man of means that she has no true feelings for, while knowing a boy with heart is out there. Love or money, love or money, there you go. BTW, Eva Longoria was on the defunct L.A. Dragnet last season (she was the alternating latina detective whenever Roselyn Sanchez wasn't in the episode).

Mike is definitely scoping out the entire neighborhood, though didn't buy his "my dead wife left me the dog" story.

Edie's almost too slutty to be considered a real character.

So what was in that trunk that Mary Alice's husband chucked into the water/lake?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

By the way, it's what's known as a "baby box" - a cedar chest style box for baby's first toys etc. Just in case anyone wants the background on it :)

Lee L

Supporting Actor

And by all means, seal it up as tight as possible with plastic right before chucking it in, just to make sure it floats. ;) Also, if the thing is under the pool, why dig it up. Having a drained pool and a big gaping hole in the bottom is sure to raise suspicions.

Also, what was with all the cash in teh cupboard of Mike's house. I thought maybe he was a cop but with that map and the cash, I can't figure out what the heck he is doing?

Very intriguing show. I am looking forward to this and 'Lost' each week with an anticipation usually reserved for HBO dramatic series of late. I love a good police proceedural as much as the next guy but the problem is that for the most part you can miss a week and nothing happens, just pick up with the next weeks murder. I tried '24' and 'Alias' but never really got into them (although after watching 'Lost' I guess I should have given 'Alias' a little more of a chance), it is nice to see some more network dramas with stories so viewers can have a few choices.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I was really surprised by the lack of posts on this episode compared to the first. My wife watched and I had an eye on it while writing. For me, the horny women aspect of the show is getting tired fast and I paid more attention to the woman with all the kids. Well, it'll still be on our TV until the new Fox season starts.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We've got it Season Passed on Tivo..sure beats anything else on Sunday's..especially Trading Spaces Family that we used to watch...YUK

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I loved the episode. Very funny show and I love the cast. I hope people continue to watch the show because it is one of the best new shows this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks