What's new

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Well, if these people are true to form, it's likely a majority of them haven't even watched the show and are just going by what they are told about it.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I saw a recent report that Lowe's and Tyson Foods both pulled their advertising as a result of the program's "racy" content. Personally, I say it's their loss...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There will be plenty of other advertisers willing to fill up the ad slots (plus the pricing for the ad slots are getting a bump due to the good ratings for the show).

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
The teasers are racy and that's all most people see. What I see is this:

A single mother with a very loving daughter trying to get her life back together.

A husband and wife with big problems, yet trying to work it out.

A stay-at-home mom, who doesn't like it, but does it because she understands it's best for the kids. Her husband, who is gone all the time.. yet is making efforts to try and keep things strong between them.

A woman who is unloved by her husband, and is starting to experience the guilt of finding love elsewhere.

All but the last case seem to be pretty darn positive examples to be setting (and that one I think will get more interesting). Unfortunately too many people focus on the negative.

BTW-- devout Christian. Can and do tune out what I think is inappropriate... and this show doesn't qualify. I like it.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It was Parents Television Council that got Keen eddie cancelled (well them and low ratings). This is a different group of meddling jackasses.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
quote:It really does not seem that racy or have I just been desensitized?
No, Lee, it is not that racy (I believe it is rated TV-PG.) To have advertisers pull out like this, is pretty ridiculous, IMO.

John Watson

Screenwriter
STUPID CTV SCHEDULE CHANGE or STUPID NEWSPAPER TV LISTING!

Whichever, we missed tonight's episode. Hope someone here mentions how the measuring cup was dealt with, what the tape stolen from the counsellor's office revealed, etc.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Measuring cup:

Spoiler:Stolen back.

Tape:

Spoiler:Not mentioned.

Airing time on CTV:

Not sure what time it was supposed to be on, but they said next week would be a different timeslot.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Huh? It was one of the first things in the show.

It's indicative of Carlos' personality that he would prefer to be seen as the perpetrator of a hate crime rather than admit to being wrong. I laughed out loud at that scene, mostly for the audaciousness.

Longoria is looking better and better every episode.

Bren_Chris

Stunt Coordinator
Finally able to loosen my attachment to this show with the weak fourth episode. Tuned out at the moment when Susan suggested that Edie go on the film date with what's his name in her stead. All as a distraction from what Susan's daughter was doing? Didn't buy it. We're supposed to think Susan is infatuted with this guy, but she's ditching these date opportunities. These pressures she's under are so arbitrary, and have nothing to do with whether or not she should accept the man's overtures. Poor writing, methinks.

And F. Huffman's character is getting table scraps. Maybe there's a payoff later, but this business with her being burdened (and "challenged") by her kids is so ho-hum.

The show just lost me. Oh well.

SarahG

Second Unit
I thought last night's was good!

Cameron Y -- I read that Eva does TONS of cardio, kick-boxing, yoga, pilates, weight-training, etc because she was like.."well I'm in my bra and panties like every episode!" Well it pays off!

Last night's was sooo good and as always left me with a few questions......what are we supposed to make of the information they heard on the cassette tape???

The Mary Alice mystery really has me glued....

(editted for clarity :) )

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Bree's son will be scarred for life. How many other boys have their moms sit with them at a strip club?
biggrin.gif

Glad Lynnette decided against medicating the troublesome twins, and accepted the good with the bad.

Susan's priorities: Mike or a lifetime of servitude/ATM for Mrs. Huber. Simple choice for the short-term. Glad they didn't drag out the blackmail storyline.

Gabrielle is quick on her feet, I was dying when the maid was cleaning the bannister with a tube sock after her story to explain John's sock in the bedroom.

BTW, more Superman/Melrose Place tie-ins with the gay Cable guy (Jonathan Haymes Newton who played Superboy in 1988, and Ryan on Melrose Place in the early 1990s.)

Overall, a light episode until Mary Alice's husband goes all dark (with Shaft, no less) and wants to find who wrote the letter to Mary Alice.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Tuned out at the moment when Susan suggested that Edie go on the film date with what's his name in her stead. All as a distraction from what Susan's daughter was doing? Didn't buy it.

Yes, I had the same reaction to this scene. I will continue to watch the show. I just hope they can prevent some of these silly scenes. I did like the homage to Cool Hand Luke with the carwashing scene, though.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I guess I really meant she is looking better TO ME with every episode. Meaning initially I was like "Okay, she's pretty." and now I'm in crush mode. :) I think it's the goofy side of her character.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Regarind the tape:

Spoiler:Mary Alice discusses a recurring dream that she's been having. In it, she is on a lake and looking in the water, where she sees a girl who is yelling the name Angela.

Mary Alice reveals to the therapist that Angela is her real name.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I think that Mary Alice somehow managed to kill someone. Confided in her husband, and her husband took care of the cleanup for her. The son saw and so did a certain someone. (perhaps the nosey neighbor as hinted at). After Mary Alice got the disturbing letter, I think she couldnt live with the guilt. Killed herself, which made her husband resent her. Feeling as though she abandoned the family after all he did for her (the clean-up). But the son doesnt understand this.

Anybody notice that the Bree's son who went to the strip club looks a lot like Jason Hervey (from the Wonder Years, Pee Wee's Big Adventure). I wonder if they are related.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks