What's new

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A reminder that the premiere of Desperate Housewives comes on tonight on ABC in the 9 p.m. EDT timeslot.

I've seen the pilot, and its got a nice ensemble of actresses, and if the writing can sustain the melodramatic soapy undertones, it could be a lot of fun.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Well, I enjoyed the pilot. It is definitely a show I will add to my line up. I've never been a big Teri Hatcher fan, but I enjoyed her in this show. The rest of the cast ( not good with names) were just as good. Although I had a little Melrose Place flashback when the redheaded wife appeared. Was she not the evil Kimberly on MP?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Gave it a shot, but I'm still a bit tentative. I like most of the cast, but I think I'll have to see if the underlying mysteries are intriguing enough to get past the First Wives Club vibe.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As I mentioned in the Boston Legal thread, Sunday nights next week will feature 4 ex-Melrose Place cast members: Marcia Cross (the redhead), and Doug Savant (plays Felicity Huffman's husband on the show), and also Daphne Zuniga on American Dreams, and Kelly Rutherford on Boston Legal.

Originally it was Sheryl Lee that played the Mary Alice character (the dead wife that narrates), but they bring in Brenda Strong, who also plays the dead wife in Everwood on the WB. It makes you wonder when you only get work as a dead character.

Anyhow, I liked the intros for the 4 main housewives and their situation. It could get really soapy and outlandish, who knows.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

And didn't her MP character try to kill her husband as well? That's what that hospital bed scene reminded me of.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

And don't forget Doug Savant who played Matt on Melrose Place played Felicity Huffmans husband on tonights show.

I really enjoyed the show and I didn't get the First Wive's Club vibe at all. Great dialogue and some interesting characters and good work from all. It was funnier than I thought it was going to be too. Looks like the show promises some good mysteries as well.

I'll be watching.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Yes, it's being rerun on Saturday night.

I thought the premiere was OK -- expected a bit more. Great ensemble, though.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
So what happened to Sheryl Lee. Did she think twice about playing a dead person with no real screen time again?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It could be that she couldn't commit to a full season. Sherilyn Fenn did the same when she pulled out of Birds of Prey 2 seasons ago after shooting the pilot episode, the role got recasted with Mia Sara.

Bren_Chris

Stunt Coordinator
Funny that Seinfeld and Melrose Place were both mentioned above - there are more than a few actors who appeared on both shows. And then there was Jerry's (not conincidental) fascination with MP, etc.

But DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: this is the first "show" I've watched in years, and it was intriguing. Wondering how much the mystery element is going to be kept around in future episodes - will there always be hidden secrets and uncertain motives coming to light? Well acted and fairly well written. Guess I will tune in next week to see if I actually get enthralled with this series.

Dreamed about Teri Hatcher last night too. Natch.

SarahG

Second Unit
I'm very curious about the unanswered questions as well. I'm truly intrigued by the show. What great performances by these ladies.

Any predictions on the mysteries? What's up with the young single man who has the secret agenda? What's up with the suicide and the husband digging up the pool? Theories?

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
Very disappointed - yet ANOTHER good show I have to watch.

Lost
Housewives
and BL

Teri Hatcher - I LOVE blue jean technology.

there goes my free time LOL

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I looked at Sheryl Lee on IMDB and it's not like she has a full schedule so odd that she is not in the show. Maybe playing another dead person played through flashbacks was a bit too close to Laura Palmer.
I tend to think that this is a bit out there for most maninstream audiences. I am anxious to see how it does.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Originally it was Sheryl Lee that played the Mary Alice character (the dead wife that narrates),

So are they going to keep the narrator? I thought that was just for the first episode.

Who was the guy in the house that caught fire?

Speaking of Melrose Place, what happened to most of the cast? A handful of them, like Savant & Cross, have done a few other roles, but most seem to have vanished from the screen. Courtney Thorne-Smith is about the only one who seems to have a career. (I'm not counting Locklear since she was famous before she was on MP.)

I always find it interesting when someone has a regular role on a long-running series, then seems to fade away once that show ends.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
And both Teri Hatcher and Brenda Strong were on MacGyver. :) Not that that has anything to do with...anything.

Missed the pilot. Guess I'll have to catch the repeat on Saturday. Sounds like a fun program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks