What's new

Denon 2800 DVD? (1 Viewer)

Joe Cole

Second Unit
The August issue of WideScreen has a very positive review of the Denon 2800 DVD player. No mention of any problems. Has Denon fixed the unit now? Is it working as advertised with no chroma problems or any other faults?
The review almost makes me want to sell my current unit and buy it. Just curious.
------------------
Joe C.
quote:Who's scruffy looking?
My biscuits are a burnin.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The Panny RP91 is overall the better player. Plus, you pay less and get DVD-Audio too.
Things change too quickly to keep adding expensive players every other year (or now every year).
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on July 29, 2001 at 10:40 AM]

Andrew P

Second Unit
I personally prefer the Panasonic as it produces a sharper picture. I thought the Denon produced an overly soft picture. Also, I noticed the chroma bug problem (not everyone will).
I might consider the 2800 if you can pick one up for $500, but I wouldnt pay more than that considering all the problems and the Panasonic DVD-RP91 is about $450 with dvd-audio. I had two units and the second was upgraded with the most recent firmware and this didnt help so I returned it.
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks