What's new

Dark Matter on syfy (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really like this show, but I am starting to feel that this season they are just re-doing their favorite Star Trek (and other sci-fi) plots. It was sort of cool at first, but it is starting to feel like every episode is a copy of storyline from the Star Trek series of shows and movies. Even the clip for next week looks like it will continue.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm catching up on Dark Mater S3. I'm almost halfway through -- watched episode four last night, the "groundhog" day episode. Wow. The show keeps going in new and unexpected directions.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was really faked out by the end of "Wish I Could Believe You." I really was on the wrong end of who was taking over the Android. I am glad it was different and the punishment to the offender was well done.

That blink drive seems to be more trouble than its worth so far.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just two episodes left in the season. It will be interesting to see how things are set up for the fourth season (if picked up). The showrunner gave some teasers on his blog for that and revealed that he had in mind five seasons.

The story I have planned arcs over five seasons. I’m not saying a different version of the show could go on, but it would do so without me. I want to pay off all the stories I’ve set up and give fans the ending I’ve been sitting on for five years now.

There is a lot of interesting information on his blog.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Just two episodes left in the season. It will be interesting to see how things are set up for the fourth season (if picked up). The showrunner gave some teasers on his blog for that and revealed that he had in mind five seasons.

Lets hope that scifi renews it for a final seasons 4 and 5 at the same time, or some weird variation of a longer 26+ episodes final season 4 which is split in between (like what was done for the final season of Haven).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Season 3 has been quite strong. I'm really enjoying it. I'm caught up and looking forward to the last two episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nice season finale with some good cliffhanger information. It appears that the corporate war should be essentially over. Even if they haven't done enough of a blow to Ferrous, there is nothing like an alien invasion to unite everyone else.

On to a season of Aliens and Androids.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I wonder what the chances are of them continuing the story on another outlet, or maybe getting a limited run miniseries to wrap it up like Farscape did? Probably slim to none.

SyFy sucks. They put out such utter dreck, almost as if it is their brand. The good stuff gets unceremoniously dumped. I wish I could dump them, but then I still want to support the (few) good shows that happen to be on the network.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I wonder what the chances are of them continuing the story on another outlet, or maybe getting a limited run miniseries to wrap it up like Farscape did? Probably slim to none.

After I read the news I too had the same thoughts. I just don't think the fan base is large enough for this to continue on another outlet. But I will hold out a little hope just in case.

I have to say this 3rd season has been absolutely wonderful. I really love what they are doing with the android (Zoie Palmer) and where they were going with her. The whole cast has really gelled well together over the seasons. I will be sad to see this go especially when we were going to get Aliens and an Android take over.

Oh! and...."boobs".

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Apparently the reason this was the one to get the axe is because it's an independent Canadian production and not owned by Universal Cable Productions. Comcast doesn't see any of the ancillary revenues, so it had to hit a higher target for renewal.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was avoiding the thread, because I had let the season finale languish on the DVR. Shame about the series being canceled when some of the other series that SYFY promotes (which admittedly I have not viewed) seem weaker. Based on Adam's post though it was less about quality and more about bucks. No surprise there, I suppose.

I have enjoyed all three seasons of the show and while it certainly can be derivative at times (and rhetorically speaking - What SF show isn't to some degree?) the chemistry between the cast members and the twists and turns of the storyline have contributed to a very entertaining season. It will be missed, at least by me.

- Walter.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Apparently the reason this was the one to get the axe is because it's an independent Canadian production and not owned by Universal Cable Productions. Comcast doesn't see any of the ancillary revenues, so it had to hit a higher target for renewal.
It was getting great viewship numbers for SyFy, but still they cancelled it. The finale was SyFy's most watched show of the week. The showrunner says it
was THE #1 SCIFI SHOW ON “THE SYFY CHANNEL” IN THE KEY DEMO AND OVERALL VIEWERS!

The show runner has lots of ideas on his blog of what fans can do.
https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched the season finale...and the unfortunate series finale.

Dark Matter punched far above its weight-class. I was invested for a five season arc and am disappointed that yet again SyFy kills a favorite show mid-story. At least Defiance was able to come to plausible finale. This was just a sucker punch with the revelation of the "Black Ships".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks