What's new

Apple TV+ Dark Matter (2021) [not that Dark Matter, the book Dark Matter] (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Dark Matter — not to be confused with SyFy’s Dark Matter — is a super fun sci-fi novel that’s wholly accessible to a non-sci-fi reader. It could make a really great series. I’m hopeful for this new show.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, I'm imagine that ship has long sailed. The actors are all on different things now. But, we can dream...

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Dark Matter — not to be confused with SyFy’s Dark Matter — is a super fun sci-fi novel that’s wholly accessible to a non-sci-fi reader. It could make a rally great series. I’m hopeful for this series.

I really enjoyed this book. I like Crouch's stuff (it's fairly breezy but it's engaging). I also liked Recursion (which, if you liked Dark Matter, you'll probably also like).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed Recursion, but felt Dark Matter was a much stronger book. Though I could see Recursion being a great show, with video adaptation improving the aspects I felt were lacking.

I'm excited to see the exploding plotline adapted to TV. The way it starts slow, laying the groundwork, and then working out every logical consequence of the concept, has so much promise.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Man, what a let down opening this thread was!

Like Walter, I immediately thought this was news that SyFy’s Dark Matter was being revived by Apple. Oof. Maybe that clarification should be in the title?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I enjoyed Recursion, but felt Dark Matter was a much stronger book. Though I could see Recursion being a great show, with video adaptation improving the aspects I felt were lacking.

I'm excited to see the exploding plotline adapted to TV. The way it starts slow, laying the groundwork, and then working out every logical consequence of the concept, has so much promise.
I also liked Recursion but have not read Dark Matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks