What's new

Cube Signature Series (2 Viewers)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Philip
I know about the extended ending, but in the final film it feels like a cop-out. Now if they used the extending ending, the ending would've flowed a bit better, but how they edited for the final cut is a complete cop-out

Glenn, the DVD is out. Circuit City didn't have it when I went (same for Best Buy and Borders), but I got my copy of both films at Tower on release date. Fry's here in Vegas also had some copies.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I've only seen Cube:SS at Suncoast around here for $14.99 (while the old edition sat for $24.99 nonetheless). I watched Cube 2 last night and I liked it, not as much as the first one but it kept me engrossed.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I finally got around to watching the new Cube disc and thought the transfer was very good for a low budget film. However, I don't know what Lions Gate were thinking giving us the Dolby Digital soundtrack at only 256kbps. This is the lowest bit-rate I've seen for a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack in years, and I only hope it's a one-off mistake.

Adam

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
I just picked this up the other day because I love the film, and I too, am mystified as to a few things.

First of all, they encoded the DD 5/1 soundtrack at 256 kbps, even though the main menu is DD 3/2 and at 448 kbps. Weird.

Secondly, and this confuses me even more. Maybe someone else can show me otherwise, but not once during the entire film did my subwoofer ever activate. If more than 10 minutes goes by without any information in the .1 channel, my sub will go into standby mode to conserve power. (I have a 15 inch JBL.) Well, it was in standby for the entire movie! This is the only 5/1 movie I've had with no information in the subwoofer channel. And I have the system setup so that the mains produce their full frequency range, and not re-route bass information to the sub. The channel just never activated. Even stranger.

Otherwise, I do quite enjoy the movie. Thanks!

-- Carlos

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Give people more than 37 minutes in the middle of the night to read it!

Not a bad review but very brief. You might include the fact that the old Cube DVD has a different commentary not include on the new signature series.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Not a bad review, although I disagree w/ your opinion of the film. I liked your currency-conversion joke. :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I won this DVD from dvdanswerman, and got to do a guest review for the dvd, check it out my review here
I've merged this thread into the existing thread on Cube: Signature Series, which I found with a basic search. Please remember to check for previous threads before starting a new one. Thanks.

M.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Not a bad review, although I disagree w/ your opinion of the film. I liked your currency-conversion joke.
__________________________________________________ __________

That was A joke made by the director Natali in the commentary, I can't take credit for it.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks