What's new

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’ll occasionally peek at this thread for updates, but, like I said in the other thread about A New Hope UHD, no original theatrical version, no sale.
Because of this issue, I lost all interest in the new Star Wars films- haven’t seen any of them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thought this article may be of interest to some here.

It always seem surprising that this is news to some people.
I feel like I read many iterations of that article 20 years ago.
It's called We're Officially Old Syndrome.

The other day I was talking with my old college roommates and mentioned I'm now older than my dad was when they first met him (moving me into our off-campus apartment back in the 90s).

That shut down conversation. :rolling-smiley:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron it’s clear there is no unaltered versions coming.
I don’t know what it could be changed to.

At this point it’s like a penguin’s wish for wings that work.
How about:

Unaltered Star Wars movies unlikely to be released on Blu-ray anytime soon.
Or
Unaltered Star Wars unlikely but there’s always A New Hope
Or
Is there a realistic possibility for the Unaltered Star Wars on home video?

I don’t now.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I know people want what they want, but the originals are not that freekin’ good. I’ve had those “special editions” for years, and watched them once.

I have always been greatly impressed with the improvements Lucas did to the originals. — some special effects in the original really show their age. They call attention to themselves, like 1940’s back projections. I know they were the best they could do at the time, but why not fix them if you can?

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I know people want what they want, but the originals are not that freekin’ good. I’ve had those “special editions” for years, and watched them once.

I have always been greatly impressed with the improvements Lucas did to the originals. — some special effects in the original really show their age. They call attention to themselves, like 1940’s back projections. I know they were the best they could do at the time, but why not fix them if you can?

I could not possibly disagree with you more. The crappy 1997 CGI has dated much worse than any of the original 1977 practical effects.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The Special Editions are really worth the effort of finding. My son is thrilled by them ... he hates the 'modern' revisions, especially the Hans Solo politically correct shooting scene.

FYI, the "Special Editions" were the versions created in 1997 with garbage CGI inserted into the scenes.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I wish the Star Wars spoof Hardware Wars would be released on Blu-ray. It was to be release in 2015 but there was a disagreement between the director and the producer and it never happened.

1606496708794.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I could not possibly disagree with you more. The crappy 1997 CGI has dated much worse than any of the original 1977 practical effects.
The bad CG hasn't aged well (anything organic like Jabba or a ronto) but the good CG (the various spaceships) is much better than the shots that they replaced. None of that is to say that I don't want to see the original versions released but many of the new shots in the space battle look better and are far more dynamic than what was in the original version.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs

I'm just the opposite. I have the updated blu-ray versions (the first release) and have never watched them all the way through. Star Wars is a film from 1977 and looks it. The CG effects just jump out as non-sequiturs. It's not a question of them looking better or worse, they just don't belong in a film from that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks