What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ordered my combo of Rascals Vols. 3 and 4, a couple days ago. Look forward to their arrival in late Jan.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Hello David, Is A&C Show Season 1 still being released on December 14 ? No Restored Clips yet ?? :confused:
Check the thread for that show:

Rick

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Seriously, if people are not going to the site and grabbing up the Hal Roach titles, you're missing out.

The Silver Series releases are great value, and the sale only makes it a better deal.

I know questions had been asked about certain CBS programs and you don't have a deal with them, but has anyone there been in contact with Rio Tinto, the owners of Death Valley Days. They went and had the whole series restored, and through Shout Factory was releasing through their Timeless Media Group but stopped after 5 releases.

These are full on HD releases that haven't gotten a proper HD release and definitely fits in line with your classic TV programs.

Although I know classic TV is a big undertaking when you're discussing 20 seasons.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Been on the road and came home to my order of THE O. HENRY PLAYHOUSE Volume 1.

I remember my Mom watching this series when it aired on our local ABC affiliate. I was attracted by the name of O. Henry as I was a big fan of THE CISCO KID and recognized the O. Henry name from the Cisco show open.

I watched the first 3 episodes and was glad to see the series was so well produced with great casts. Can't wait for Volume 2.

I believe this series aired locally with the syndicated comedy series IT'S A GREAT LIFE with Michael O'Shea, James Dunn and William Bishop. Any chance of getting a release of LIFE released on ClassicFlix?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
just got mine the other day. Many thanks David, you and your crew did a magical job on these episodes!! I used to watch them back in the days of Rabbit Eared TVs, and have never seen these like this before!! Again Great job!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
My package with The O. Henry Playhouse arrived yesterday, but i was so busy rolling off of my couch laughing at Lou Costello and Joe Besser, that i don't want to tear myself away from. Kudos to Bob Furmanek and the rest of the crew at the 3D film archive and to David and the entire crew at ClassicFlix, for delivering the laughs big and bold this holiday season. And now Hoping that season two is progressing nicely.

Those short stories will be a later treat, but from the post in this thread, so far sounds like another outstanding winner, maybe early Christmas morning, as I was planning on watching O. Henry's Full House , my wife adores the ( Gift of the Magi) vignette, then following it up with a couple of episodes. As this will be a first time viewing, I plan on savoring every moment.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Been on the road and came home to my order of THE O. HENRY PLAYHOUSE Volume 1.

I remember my Mom watching this series when it aired on our local ABC affiliate. I was attracted by the name of O. Henry as I was a big fan of THE CISCO KID and recognized the O. Henry name from the Cisco show open.

I watched the first 3 episodes and was glad to see the series was so well produced with great casts. Can't wait for Volume 2.

I believe this series aired locally with the syndicated comedy series IT'S A GREAT LIFE with Michael O'Shea, James Dunn and William Bishop. Any chance of getting a release of LIFE released on ClassicFlix?
Thanks for your support and glad you're enjoying O. HENRY.

Not sure about LIFE. Lots of unreleased content out there, but elements and licensing are always the two biggest hurdles.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
When we will start hearing some news about Little Rascals Vol 5?

I'm curious how the titles will be split between V5 and V6.

I'm impatiently waiting for Jan 18 when I can watch my favorites Spanky&Scotty

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
When we will start hearing some news about Little Rascals Vol 5?

I'm curious how the titles will be split between V5 and V6.

I'm impatiently waiting for Jan 18 when I can watch my favorites Spanky&Scotty
Early next year. It'll likely be late March/early April release. It'll have 12 shorts through Arbor Day. The last 23 (all but Follies being a 1-reeler) will be on Volume 6.

As a sample of what to expect, we posted the below in the Rascals thread last month:

>>With production on The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 4 winding up, we're in full restoration mode on the soon-to-be announced Volume 5 which will include the 55th Our Gang sound short The Lucky Corner (1936).

Posted below here is a comparison of our raw scan (unrestored) of Corner and the current DVD. The raw scan (without any restoration) is far away superior to the old DVD "restoration" which is:
  • overly cropped
  • from a second (or worse) generation source
  • has many frames missing
When its restoration is complete, Corner will not only look better than any previous home video version, it will likely look better than when most theatre audiences viewed it 85 years ago.

ENJOY!

- David

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I have question for the group... Is anyone having an issue with a specific episode on the O. Henry Playhouse,

Blackjack Bargainer

I have checked the disc for any smudges from fingers and its clean with no issues, and tried it 3 different Sony BD players all with updates installed, a PS 3 and my Sylvania portable, and the same issue is happening it locks up, screen goes black, then jumps like 13 min into the episode.

any feedback would be appreciated

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I have question for the group... Is anyone having an issue with a specific episode on the O. Henry Playhouse,

Blackjack Bargainer

I have checked the disc for any smudges from fingers and its clean with no issues, and tried it 3 different Sony BD players all with updates installed, a PS 3 and my Sylvania portable, and the same issue is happening it locks up, screen goes black, then jumps like 13 min into the episode.

any feedback would be appreciated
I just finished watching the episode on my REI Blu-ray player and had no problems.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Early next year. It'll likely be late March/early April release. It'll have 12 shorts through Arbor Day. The last 23 (all but Follies being a 1-reeler) will be on Volume 6.

As a sample of what to expect, we posted the below in the Rascals thread last month:

>>With production on The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 4 winding up, we're in full restoration mode on the soon-to-be announced Volume 5 which will include the 55th Our Gang sound short The Lucky Corner (1936).

Posted below here is a comparison of our raw scan (unrestored) of Corner and the current DVD. The raw scan (without any restoration) is far away superior to the old DVD "restoration" which is:
  • overly cropped
  • from a second (or worse) generation source
  • has many frames missing
When its restoration is complete, Corner will not only look better than any previous home video version, it will likely look better than when most theatre audiences viewed it 85 years ago.

ENJOY!

- David

That's great about "The Lucky Corner" but there's still one mystery about the short left...why did Roach wait almost a year to release it! :)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Our Winter Blowout Sale ENDS FRIDAY, December 31st.

Great prices including $19.98 each for Volumes 1 & 2 of The Rascals released earlier this year.

Lot's of other great deals:

LOWEST PRICE EVER TOO:
UNDER $10:

with many of our Silver Series titles are below $10 too.

- David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks