What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is a work in progress, but I'm moving my individual Little Rascals releases into a 6-disc case.

This is the outer cover (which obviously won't be complete until later this year when Vol 6 is released)

Little RascalsHTF.JPG

I'm also making a booklet that will have all the episode information and pictures from the individual releases

Little Rascals bookletHTF.JPG

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I like it!

We haven't started the design on the complete set, but I've personally envisioned it as something like a Sgt. Pepper's collage with the main players front and center, with the others visible, but on the periphery/background.

That is just my initial thought, but we'll see what unfolds in the coming months.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
This is a work in progress, but I'm moving my individual Little Rascals releases into a 6-disc case.

This is the outer cover (which obviously won't be complete until later this year when Vol 6 is released)

View attachment 125715

I'm also making a booklet that will have all the episode information and pictures from the individual releases

View attachment 125717
What a great mock-up I definitely like the way the back looks, and everybody always has their favorite rascal. From the double picture on the front of yours apparently it's Bonedust

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
What a great mock-up I definitely like the way the back looks, and everybody always has their favorite rascal. From the double picture on the front of yours apparently it's Bonedust
Um, no

I triple checked to tried to not duplicate. Oops.

(actually my favorite is Scotty)

<edit> I replaced one of the Bonedust pics with Junior <edit>

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I like it!

We haven't started the design on the complete set, but I've personally envisioned it as something like a Sgt. Pepper's collage with the main players front and center, with the others visible, but on the periphery/background.

That is just my initial thought, but we'll see what unfolds in the coming months.

- David

Hmmm... would ClassicFlix consider offering that complete set packaging (w/out discs) for sale for those of us who already own the individual discs?

IF it's nice enough (and not too expensive), I'd certainly be interested...

_Man_

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Hmmm... would ClassicFlix consider offering that complete set packaging (w/out discs) for sale for those of us who already own the individual discs?

IF it's nice enough (and not too expensive), I'd certainly be interested...

_Man_
It's not likely, but if we do it'll only be on a pre-order basis only at ClassicFlix.com and won't be available after the release is out.

- David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Thanks David, any titles yet?
We're only test scanning at this point so I don't want to give too much out on the 35mm material until we know for sure we'll be able to use them.

In the first round of 16mm test we batted .400 (sort of)

Of the five we test scanned:
  • 2 were unusable due to vinegar syndrome (The Cobbler & Giants Vs. Yanks)
  • Material labeled "Our Gang" was actually "The Fourth Alarm"
  • Material labeled "A Pleasant Journey" was actually "Chicken Feed"
  • "Boys to Board" was actually labeled correctly, but it's missing the last 4 minutes
None of the above were in good shape pq wise and none had the original title cards.

- David

Capt Cheese Pro

Movie Explorer
Premium
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

View attachment 125715

View attachment 125717
I can wait till then, nice idea!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
David,
Once again you and all the staff at ClassicFlix have been better stewards to the Legacy of the Hal Roach Productions, than I can remember in my lifetime. Thank you and all involved in making it so future generations will be able to see these as they were originally intended.
And I understand that dealing with what could only be a logistic nightmare, or mess to clear up and have a release. You and the staff involved must have the patience of Job.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
IT'S OFFICIAL:

On April 5th, twelve more uncut and restored Our Gang shorts are making their way to Blu-ray in The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 5.

This latest volume marks the debut of Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer and Darla Hood (solidifying the core of Our Gang for the next five years), as well as Eugene "Porky" Lee.

Below is a clip demonstrating the restoration quality of the shorts in the set.

ENJOY!

- David

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Dear ClassicFlix,

I don't know if this can be corrected for a later reprinting, but the Release Dates for Washee Ironee, Mama's Little Pirate, and Shrimps For A Day are incorrect.

You have Nov '34, Jan '35, and Feb '35 instead of Sep '34, Nov '34, Dec '34

I only noticed because this makes the set look like it is '33-'35 instead of '33-'34.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Dear ClassicFlix,

I don't know if this can be corrected for a later reprinting, but the Release Dates for Washee Ironee, Mama's Little Pirate, and Shrimps For A Day are incorrect.

You have Nov '34, Jan '35, and Feb '35 instead of Sep '34, Nov '34, Dec '34

I only noticed because this makes the set look like it is '33-'35 instead of '33-'34.

Hi David,

After a lot of research, with a good amount of information coming from The Lucky Corner, we concluded that the dates which have always been associated with those titles are incorrect. Dates chosen attempted to come as close as possible by comparing title sheets, cutting continuity and copyright dates of the three mentioned with similar lead times from prior releases.

Anniversary Trouble, Beginner's Luck and Teacher's Beau will also have different dates than have always been understood as new evidence suggests.

- David

Last edited:

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hi David,

After a lot of research, with a good amount of information coming from The Lucky Corner, we concluded that the dates which have always been associated with those titles are incorrect. Dates chosen attempted to come as close as possible by comparing title sheets, cutting continuity and copyright dates of the three mentioned with similar lead times from prior releases.

Anniversary Trouble, Beginner's Luck and Teacher's Beau will also have different dates than have always been understood as new evidence suggests.

- David
Any chance of The Taxi Series starring Billy Gilbert? Never have seen any of them.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Deep Discount is having a sale and discounting ClassicFlix titles at up to 60% off.

A number of great deals including:

MAIN LINE BLU-RAYS

International Lady (1941) - $14.99
The Little Rascals: The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 1 - $21.86
The Little Rascals: The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 2 - $21.86
The Little Rascals: The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 3 - $21.86
The Man Who Watched Trains Go By (1952) - $12.99
Stand-In (1937) - $14.99

SILVER SERIES (DVD ONLY):

The Black Beauty Collection - $11.29
The Duke of West Point (1938) - $13.00
The Crystal Ball (1943) - $13.00
The O. Henry Playhouse: The Complete Series, Volume 1 - $11.35

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Got all of those already, but good for those who need them.

Anyway, got my latest package from CF yesterday. Great job, David, on Black Magic and Rascals v.4. While The O. Henry Playhouse v.1 obviously isn't up to the same level, it still looks as good, if not better, than most other 50s TV shows on DVD. I'm really looking forward to making my way through the episodes (and for v.2 to come -- I've already pre-ordered it).

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Enjoy the clip from BEGINNER'S LUCK (1935) below which features the debut of seven-year-old Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer. Alfalfa's comical countenance, which included a lard-assisted cowlick, a face smothered in freckles and a singing voice that was the dictionary definition of "off-key", help make him one of funniest and best remembered players in Our Gang's history.

Included in The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 5 which is set to street on April 5th, the collection also includes eleven other shorts and the debuts of Darla Hood and Eugene "Porky" Lee.

- David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Set to street on April 5th, The Little Rascals - The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 5 features 12 more Our Gang Hal Roach sound shorts with debuts from Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer, Darla Hood and Eugene "Porky" Lee.

Check out our latest clip from the set showcasing THE LUCKY CORNER (1936):

ENJOY!

- David

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj