What's new

Chuck season 2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I think what you all are objecting to is the show doing what alot of romantic comedies do routinely, causing a conflict that keeps the characters apart, the first season Sarah would'nt have a problem doing what she did, Chuck would have to just deal with it.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Sarah's conflict with shooting the Fulcrum agent is directly related to her growing emotional attachment to Chuck. She wants to be the girl that Chuck imagines. But the reality of the situation is that Sarah is forced to do things that Chuck would not approve of to protect him. In point of fact, it was Chuck's actions that led to it being necessary for Sarah to execute the agent.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this, so all the good comments are taken. ;)

Nitpick: I was annoyed that Chuck told Fulcrum he as the Intersect. He could have told them a half-dozen plausible lies to buy time, and explained away Casey and Sarah by saying they were assigned to keep an eye on him in case Bryce tried to make contact. Chuck's been doing this too long to make a mistake that dumb.

But apart from that - GREAT episode. :D Loved the Groundhog Day and Die Hard stuff. (Down to a few notes of "Ode to Joy" playing when the electonic gate came down the first time.) Sgt. Powell and the twinkie. Ned Reyerson! ("Ned Ryerson. You know. Ned the Head?") Chuck calling Sarah. Lester calling the sex line. Lester waking up to the sight of Anna and Ellie. Awesome being Awesome.

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
How about learning Awesome's name.

With regards to Sarah killing the Fulcrum agent. The gov would not be angry at all. They plan on killing Chuck once the Intersect is fixed.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/2/2d/htf_imgcache_37229.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/6/6c/htf_imgcache_37230.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/0/08/htf_imgcache_37231.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/0/0e/htf_imgcache_37232.jpeg] [/url]

Courtesy of Strahotski.com Your #1 Yvonne Strahovski Source

I can't believe we have to wait 6 weeks for the next new episode of Chuck. Stupid network scheduling. :frowning:

It's at the point now where I look more forward to this show than Heroes. I never thought I would be saying that after Season 1 of Heroes, but that's what happens.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
LOLSARAH.

To me, that's cool. The fall shows all have had largely unbroken runs. I assume they'll have similarly unbroken runs in the spring.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I caught the quick touch of Die Hard music as the gate was coming down too and was loving it. (I was just watching Die Hard the other day, it is, after all, Christmas time.) Between that and seeing Reginald Johnson's name in the credits, I thought this was going to be just a fun for laughs episode. The Fulcrum swerve was good, especially when Ned ended up being on it. The last half of the episode took a big turn left! I really enjoyed the episode.

While the show has some goofy moments, it's the story turns that keep it interesting. The cast all work so well together that they can take it drama to comedy and back with a smooth flow.

My favorite part this year though has been "Unleash the Casey". I about pissed my pants.

I can't get enough of this show, even the episodes that aren't so great I find a way to enjoy something out of it. Sarah can't get much hotter, but I got to say, I was digging Anna in the Santa outfit. The funny thing is that I used to think Elle was pretty hot, but she plays the sister so well that now I kind of look at her like she's a sister... and that's not hot anymore.

Doug

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't that music the Ode To Joy portion of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony? That's what I thought I was hearing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife asks: if Fulcrum knows that Casey & Sarah are NSA agents working at BuyMore, then isn't their cover fully blown and they need to be replaced? Fulcrum may not know Chuck is the intersect, but clearly Casey & Sarah are still there and doing something important enough that the Fulcrum agents were fully neutralized, proving something important is at BuyMore.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yes. Which is the same music that is playing in Die Hard when the bad guys seal off the Nakatomi tower (AKA the Fox office bldg.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
), hence the joke. Yes, it was Beethoven, but in this specific context it was a Die Hard reference, one of many.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I'm with you on Anna, not so much on Elle. I was not thinking of her as a sister when she and Anna were leaning over that stretcher.

Regards,

Joe

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I hope this hasn't been repeated here somewhere.
But when Chuck returns on Feb 2nd

Chuck vs. The Third Dimension

It will be a special 3-D episode starring Lost's Dominic Monaghan

It will be cool to see if we get to see Chuck's flashes in 3-D

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
This is a amazing show. One of the better ones on TV today. I will admit that season two got off to a ruff start but it has definetly redemed itself.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I hope I can use the glasses that I got from the Georgia Aquariam show. They aren't the red and blue ones.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Are they the clear, I guess "polarized" glasses that are used when 3D is done right?

Edit: According to wiki:

Dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks