What's new

Chuck season 2 (1 Viewer)

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I hope that if the show does get pulled that they let the writers know early enough so they can rap the series up. That's waht happened with AD. But honestly I think it will get a third season and then be done with. They can only milk a shows like this plot for so long.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
With the ratings Chuck gets, we likely won't get "official" word from NBC about a third season until just before the network's upfront presentation in May. Though I'm sure we'll get rumors from the usual blogs, etc. before then.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't got them, but at http://www.nbc.com/Chuck/about/news/?nlcid=nb|StudioPass|013009| they have a list of places to try to find them:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I went to a Shoppers Food Warehouse on the way home tonight and there was a display right near the entrance. I am thinking that if you do any shopping this weekend you'll probably have a good chance of finding them.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, indeed. In the display you are warned not to "Chuck them away" after seeing the commercial

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Chuck guys sure know what we want. Sarah in the bra crawling towards the screen is just about what 3D was made for. :D Can't wait for this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was using the 3D glasses, and I found that the red side was too dark for me, and it was annoying to watch the 3D footage for the commercials for Chuck and Monsters vs. Aliens.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Someone posted a still image from the show and I found that it takes quite a while to adjust to the effect (at least for me). After your eyes and mind adapt, it a nice effect. I don't think a commercial is long enough to get "into it".

I also heard that both standard and 3D versions will be available on-line.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
The commercials really looked good on my 46 inch Bravia. My wife, who generally hates dealing with 3D stuff, was actually impressed at how good it looked.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I could barely see the effect for Monsters and Aliens (which looked terrible from a story aspect; I'm not impressed with multiple crap jokes), except for the paddle ball, but it was noticeable for whatever the following commercial was. It didn't look so much like it was coming out into my living room but that it had depth into the TV.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I forgot to pick up the glasses, so didn't get to check out the movie ad. I am looking forward to seeing Yvonne in 3D, however, since this is as close to seeing her in the flesh as I'm ever going to get.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Later,

Joe

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I actually wasn't paying attention at halftime, and I don't watch any previews, so does anyone know how distracting the effect was without 3D glasses?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Is the whole episode going to be in 3D or just some sequences. I like to Chuck and don't want to miss it because of some gimmick. I've not missed an episode yet. Hopefully I can get some glasses after work today.

Edit: Success. There were a few at my local Target.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I've been DL thru Itunes since I've cancelled my DVR Service hopefully they'll get a copy without the effect, and it was pretty distracting with the Red and blue ghosting lines I would'nt want to watch 45 min likes this... usually gimmicks like this, and an increase in big names stars fortell rating issues for a series.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Genius marketing, attract viewers by having them schlep all over creation for shit vendors don't even have to be able to watch your 'on the bubble' show.

I've never missed an episode, now I'm so tired and pissed I may never watch another.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I trial ran my 3D glasses on the Monsters vs. Aliens commercial and it's no thank you for me. While the 3D effect is there, the price is a reduced screen brightness by about 300-400%. I don't want to watch Chuck in 3D under those conditions. I'll watch it normally and suffer through the chromatic aberration halos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks