What's new

Paramount+ Halo (2022) (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
It's interesting, the BR and 4K releases of season 1 of this show have been discussed to death, but interestingly, there doesn't seem to be a discussion about the actual TV series as it is ongoing.

Episode 4 of season 2 dropped tonight, and this season has stuck closer to game lore than the first season, this season visiting the storyline of Halo: Reach (indeed, tonight's episode has that name!).

The first season apparently didn't do so well among the hardcore Halo gamer community, but I must admit that I did really quite enjoy it. It set up a lot of backstory and made us actually care about the characters. This season has picked up some time later and is set back on Reach with Silver Team (the Spartans led by Master Chief, Pablo Schreiber's character) having been stood down after the opening events of the season.

Is anyone else watching season 2, or did people give up after season 1?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve recently watched the first four episodes of Season 1. It’s ok? The world building is cool. The production is tremendously big budget. But the storytelling and dialog and characters are all mediocre. I’m not sure whether I’ll continue watching.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I stopped viewing season one somewhere in the middle of that season. In Monty Python parlance, those responsible for season one have been sacked. (No word if those responsible for sacking the folks behind season one have been sacked.) In more practical terms, a new creative team has been assigned to season two. I am considering resuming the series and am debating whether or not to finish season one, or merely start at episode one of season two, or none of the above.

- Walter.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Situations that played out at the end of season 1 play into season 2.

Though, if you're finding it too much of a slog, the recap at the start of season 2 MIGHT be enough to mostly catch you up.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I watched and liked Season 1 (even bought the UHD release). I haven't had a chance to watch any of S2 yet.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It's interesting, the BR and 4K releases of season 1 of this show have been discussed to death, but interestingly, there doesn't seem to be a discussion about the actual TV series as it is ongoing.

Episode 4 of season 2 dropped tonight, and this season has stuck closer to game lore than the first season, this season visiting the storyline of Halo: Reach (indeed, tonight's episode has that name!).

The first season apparently didn't do so well among the hardcore Halo gamer community, but I must admit that I did really quite enjoy it. It set up a lot of backstory and made us actually care about the characters. This season has picked up some time later and is set back on Reach with Silver Team (the Spartans led by Master Chief, Pablo Schreiber's character) having been stood down after the opening events of the season.

Is anyone else watching season 2, or did people give up after season 1?
I’m watching and enjoying season 2.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, Halo season 2 wrapped this week with a pretty fun finale. I had a couple of weeks away where I was unable to watch, so the last couple of weeks have been a big catch-up for me.

The finale introduced The Flood, then it killed off a whole bunch of the not-quite-but-almost main characters, gave us some insight into Kwan's background and who she might be, and then landed Master Chief and Makee on the Halo itself (after reuniting MC with Cortana, and then having the Arbiter and MC face off in a boss battle.

Pretty packed, some nice set-up for season 3. Definitely a lot of fun to wrap season 2.

Edit: And I TOTALLY forgot the appearance of the Guilty Spark!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks