What's new

Chuck season 2 (3 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Awesome episode. Gary Cole's too good for us to not see him again.

I was guessing who Morgan would see at the end. I thought maybe KITT, but the General was even better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I totally forgot to mention the General Lee in my list of what made this episode awesome. I, too, am glad that it wasn't KITT. With the relaunch still on the air, it would have felt like a tacky promotional push.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Only, a General Lee owned by Jon Schnieder fetched $10M, and any 69 Charger in decent shape is gonna go upwards of $50-60K. A hemi tripling that.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Any one see the promo for next Monday's Chuck? Looks like its going to be very intense.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Since when she played herself in the high school flashback episode she was made up like an ugly duckling it wouldn't have made sense for her to look too good even younger.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I saw Reginald....Then I heard Sgt.Powell. I laughed out loud.

Michael, I though the Ned name sounded familiar.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great episode overall. Lots of laughs and Big Mike's cousin turning out to be Al the cop from the first Die Hard was a nice touch.

Casey's bandaged fingers due to paper cuts from working the gift wrapping station was hilarious.

Nice fake-out about the incident. Turned out it was not just the execution but Sarah's bald face lie too. It all comes back to the trust issue again.

Love the parallel with Morgan and Anna too.

How long before Chuck calls Sarah on her lie?

Put this one up in the top two or three for the season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Me too, especially with the equally convenient set up. It was also the first time the two of them have been completely on the same page in a long time, albeit for completely different reasons.

I look forward to February *ugh!*.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was just thinking I need to watch "Die Hard" for Christmas.

Yup, right down to the Twinkies.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not a lot to add-- I also loved the Die Hard allusion. I love this show and I'm used to the poignant twist at the end of an hour of fluff, but I was still bummed by the end. Especially since we have to wait to February 2. It is amazing that any show can build or maintain an audience with the realities of today's programming paradigm.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And I'm sure the Mauser name was a callback to the Police Academy movies.

Could have used more Al and more of Anna in that outfit.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
All we needed was someone to offer the cop negotiator a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. ;) Let's see who gets that tie-in.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

And "How you holding up, partner?'" line.

All we were missing were a couple of FBI agents named Johnson - no relation.

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
This show is really starting to bug me. The last few episodes I have been really sick and tired of Chuck's forever innocent, blissfully naive attitude. The last episode with Jill somebody needed to be shot, whether it was Jill for being Fulcrum or Chuck for stealing gov't files to save some chick he dated in college, someone needed a bullet and it never happened. Last night finally someone gets shot and Chuck decides to get all pouty because his wannabe girlfriend killed an agent while wearing his mothers bracelet. You would think that for all he has seen and done since becoming the intersect he would just HTFU and have some faith and trust in the women he appears to love that if she shot the guy there was a good reason.

Another thing for a trained agent and the way she grew up Sarah sure had a hard time pulling the trigger especially given the circumstances.

I'm really surprised how annoyed I have become with the show, to the point that when it returns it will be a "watch it when I have time" instead of "priority viewing".

There I feel a little better.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chuck wouldn't have had a problem with her shooting Mauser in self-defense. It looks completely coldblooded from his position of not having all of the facts. At the same time, Sarah wouldn't have had a hard time shooting in self-defense, either. She was weighing the fact that she had him in custody and his boasts about continually endangering Chuck's life could very well amount to nothing, assuming the CIA/NSA maintain the basic ability to keep a prisoner in custody. It's sort of like a cop alone in an alley with a guy known to be absolutely guilty of child murder. He starts taunting about how he's going to get out and do the same to the cop's daughter, and the cop has to struggle to not kill the guy right there and claim self-defense later. The difference here, of course, is that the general wouldn't even need the lie. Killing a Fulcrum agent to protect the Intersect would save a lot of trouble down the road. But, Sarah has to live with the killing (which is mainly Hollywood convention, I think; I think real-life Batman would kill the Joker and think, "Hate to kill, but I can't risk this guy getting out. Again.") and Chuck has to live with thinking she did it unnecessarily. We don't know how long this misunderstanding will hang between them. Will Chuck understand her actions if he's told what the guy said?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Yes, this is something I dislike when they do it. They've conveyed her character as someone who has been a deep cover assassin type. I seriously doubt given the background we have on her character that she should have any serious remorse about killing an enemy agent. And, I assume if she told her higher ups "The fulcrum agent was disarmed, and told me that if he was captured and brought in, they had friends who would find him or that our agencies may be compromised, and the secret of the intersect would leak". The question wouldn't be "you should have brought him in" it would be "did you make sure to hide the body?" Or something along those lines.

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Just saying. I don't think her character should have any over the top remorse. And, I think the better conflict would be for Chuck to see that she doesn't have remorse over the killing.. while he worries about it.. and wonder what kind of person she is that she doesn't have the same feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks