What's new

Censorship in Once Upon a Time in America? (1 Viewer)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Excellent! You might want to try the American Amazon.com & order it from there.

[rant]Good luck![/rant]

Yeah, Tommy, but there are a few brazilian online stories that import DVDs and that is cheaper than importing them by myself, since there is a importation tax of only 60%!!

BTW, I'll keep my copy of the censored version. Maybe, someday, it will get a rarity status! A real collector item!

Cristiano

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Strange. I was looking at the comparison screengrabs, and it looks like the fullscreen version has MORE image info at the left AND bottom.

And although censorship issue is no good AT ALL, there´s a small advantage on the brazilian R4 edition: the second disc starts IMMEDIATELY when it´s put on the player.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Weird that Brazil would be the place that would censor breasts in a movie. Aren't many of the beaches in Brazil topless? Heck, don't most of the movies of women having sex with animals come from Brazil?(*) Why the sudden squeamishness about a couple of nipples???? :confused:

(*)Well, that's what I've heard ;)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
hmmm, looks to me like not only were the breasts blurred, but the scene is cropped at the bottom too. I'll have to look at the scene again ( :b ) but I remember there being more to see.

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator
hmmm, looks to me like not only were the breasts blurred, but the scene is cropped at the bottom too. I'll have to look at the scene again ( ) but I remember there being more to see.
Having just watched this, I can confirm that. She's a natural redhead, as it were. :b

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
Just the breasts were blurred. Well, breasts and the, uh, bushy part. But only on this scene. Looked like japanese censorship. Oh well.

Heck, don't most of the movies of women having sex with animals come from Brazil?(*)
Yeah, that´s true. Some are filmed by a Dutch guy who uses the alias "Hans Burger", while others are produced by the same guy who created the TRANVESTITES series distributed by Sunshine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks