What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Captain Marvel (2019) (1 Viewer)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
When Thanos snapped his fingers, how far reaching was the effect? That's a relevant question here.

My basic understanding is that it removed half of the population of the universe at that exact moment in time, and did not regress backwards in time at all.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My basic understanding is that it removed half of the population of the universe at that exact moment in time, and did not regress backwards in time at all.
Yes, and if that's true, CM must take place largely BEFORE that moment. From the first moment I saw Fury send that distress call, I assumed CM was somewhere untouched by what Thanos did. Then again, Fury had no grasp of the 50% obliteration.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
And yet Marvel has made it clear that CM is very much tied to the events in Endgame. They know how to market, don't they? ;)
Yes. But just the sheer audacity and brilliance of the accomplishment of the MCU--something we may never see again--almost makes me want to go see CM out of sheer respect for this corpus of daring do as a whole.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was hoping someone here might clue me in on the critical bit of info without spoiling the rest of the movie.
I can oblige that request easily tomorrow after my 10 am screening. Actually that’s how every review of the film should be.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We are going to have to wait until the week after next! Next week every person attending public and catholic schools in the Provence of Ontario is on March break. All the theatres will be full of rug rats.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm back from my less than a third full screening. I saw this at my local art house theater and unfortunately their screen with the most seats (where Disney demands it plays in) has the smallest screen size for scope pictures in the complex.

This wasn't a bad movie, but if I had to rank all the MCU films this one would be in the bottom half for me.

Be sure to pay attention to the opening Marvel Studios logo as it is completely different than it is in the other Marvel films.

The Cat is awesome.

I disagree with the critics raving about the de-aging technology being excellent as it largely looks like it does when excessive DNR is applied and the people look like wax.

It wouldn't surprise me if the mid credit scene was lifted directly from End Game.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Be sure to pay attention to the opening Marvel Studios logo as it is completely different than it is in the other Marvel films.

Wayne, are you saying pay attention because there's an important detail, or hey it's been revamped so check it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks