What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (2 Viewers)

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Godzilla fan Red Menace has taken on yet another project. This time he's recreating the AIP version of Godzilla Vs The Thing.
I've been asked to do cover art for the project and here's what I came up with.
(More fine artwork from Reynold Brown!)
R218dI.png

AvgnH1.png

08DV7F.png

KTMiAK.png

tK5QUN.png

7xKka9.png

These will all be available with the project, but I'll also accept PMs for them.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Some mistakes just HAVE to be corrected...

Spiderman Preview.jpg

Actually, this was my first attempt, but decided I wasn't crazy about the skewed angle when it was finished...

Spiderman v2.jpg

Both versions are available at EuphoricFX and Uncovered.

Last edited:

PurpleFloyd

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hi all ... first post here, looks like a great forum!

I'm looking to get hold of some custom covers for my horror blu-rays (Friday the 13th 1 and 2 specifically). Does anyone here design and produce covers? Happy to pay for these if its something someone can do.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, David!

:welcome:

I don't remember any Friday the 13th covers being posted in this thread. If you read the last several pages, though, you'll learn that the major contributors to this thread--the guys who do some absolutely amazing artwork--also contribute to sites which are dedicated to alternate cover art. So, read through the past few pages and find those site names and you will probably find places that will have what you're looking for.

We have several UK members at this site. Hope you also stick around to kick the tires and check things out. :D

PurpleFloyd

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hi Mike ... thanks for the welcome :)

Cheers for the advice to, I'll have a nose through the thread. Not having access to a decent printer I'm hoping someone might be able to knock some covers up for me for couple of £s (I'm assuming if you sent the image to Vistaprint or similar printers the copyright alarm bells would ring!)

I'd really love some retro Friday the 13th covers, perhaps based on the old VHS covers they had back in the day ... so much better than the modern covers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You can always download the files, slide 'em onto a flash drive and take them to your local office supplies store and print them off the USB stick onto some nice-grade paper on their color printer!

I bet the cover art you're looking for is out there...somewhere.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Fritz, it would be nice if we had as one of the first posts a list of the titles showing in the entire thread. Perhaps someone is willing to do this.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Fritz, it would be nice if we had as one of the first posts a list of the titles showing in the entire thread. Perhaps someone is willing to do this.
Oh, I agree, but can't take on the responsibility of maintaining such an index. Also, I am unable to edit the first post, so even If someone came forward to do the heavy lifting....

Robert George

Screenwriter
This art is from the Swedish DVD release. I think it is much better than what Kino and Fox have used for US releases. Been working on this off and on for a couple weeks. Finished this weekend.

Modesty Blaise Preview.jpg

Robert George

Screenwriter
Here's another piece of unusual art I have been noodling around with. I get a sort of '60s-ish vibe from this poster. I like it.

Hitman's Bodyguard UHD Preview.jpg

Robert George

Screenwriter
With the Christopher Nolan UHD box set coming in a few days, I started making a set of covers for the individual movies. I know the films are being released individually, but if you are like me and ready to pick up all seven, the box saves quite a bit of money. I still want each movie in its own case, however.

I still have a couple to go, but here's a look at what I've completed so far...

Batman Begins UHD Preview.jpg
Batman Begins UHD v2 Preview.jpg
Dark Knight Preview.jpg
Dark Knight Rises Preview.jpg
Inception Preview.jpg
Dunkirk Preview.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
I've been asked to come up with artwork for Godzilla enthusiast Red Menace's upcoming project, an HD recreation of the 1968 Walter Reade version of Son of Godzilla.
Bpp6J1.png

sze6y0.png

rMVGOP.png

iALnGO.png

These will be included with the project files once he releases it, or you can PM me for access to the artwork.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Here's my redo of Twilight Time's cover for The Barefoot Contessa. I was so upset by Ava Gardner being attacked by Bigfoot in a field of Pepto Bismol (take a look at their cover), I just had to act.

Barefoot Contessa Preview.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks